5 - HER II

❇ ❇ ❇

"Hello?" You peeked at the gaps of the front door that hid the unknown person calling you. You know it by then, that it came from the place you assumed. Why would someone call you at this time?

"Hello?" You questioned nervously until you were disturbed by a light blinding you. This time, your world changed into a very bright room and only a white wisp showed up. "How do you know my name?"

"You, who hold the key of the future and the past, must live a life full of prosperity and——"

A black streak enlightened its figure as if the monochromatic hues embraced the owner of a female voice. The wisp's color gradually changed until it became a dark purple flare.

"Finally, it's you."

❇ ❇ ❇

YOUR POV

"WISP!"

Oh, it's just a dream.

I took my bag under Finn's bed then rummaged through the stuff I kept inside. Loads of books mostly filled its space. You can really tell that I am a bookworm geek. The labels that were written on top of the books' pages are my first three initials. I have to jot the fifth time I saw the weird wisp from my dream.

Wisps usually warn me about these unusual events. It is very seldom since I only encountered a few of them when I was young. Now that it seemed alarming today, I still can't fathom its message.

I opened the rubber cover of the book with an embedded title of 'Personal Journal' and my three initials found at the bottom right corner. I flipped the pages that were etched by my writings. I swiped the ballpen off the spring of my notebook then scribbled my ordinary entry for my journal.

I returned my journal and my bag under Finn's bed then scurried down the ladder to grab breakfast. BMO was the first one to greet me but there was no sense between the two. I only hear nothing, except for BMO's sounds. I sat beside the robot then prepared a plate for myself.

"Where are they?" I asked him but the robot was not paying attention. I tapped his screen and ask him once again. "Finn told me to give this to you," I unfolded the used piece of paper that was crumpled and folded into crooked parts.

Hey (y/n)!

Jake and I are at the Candy Kingdom to finish an urgent task. We may not be home by now or on time but whatever you do, stay at home with BMO.

P.S Meatloaf and Pancakes are on the table :)

F n J

I slid the plate near me and slowly picked up the fork from the table to start munching my breakfast. After finishing up, I cleaned my plate then went back to where BMO sat.

"BMO, do you have any game to play? You know, something intriguing...?" he gave me a thumbs-up before stretching out a hand for the controller. He scrolled through a list of titles. As he clicks a game I haven't read yet, it flashed the name of Finn as the main character and an ancient royalty font entitled, The Way to Your Heart.

"You think this is...intriguing?" He shrugged, "Finn used to play that but it's up to you if you want to."

"Uh, Nah, it's fine," I muttered to myself after clicking the start button from the screen.

Thirty minutes later...

"NO! I lost the key, what should I do?"

"Start again."

"Is there any other way to respawn? Checkpoints?" BMO popped his face on the screen, "Nope," he answered briefly, "I'm pretty bummed. I'll probably just hit the road," I laid the controller on the floor then prepared myself to go out but just as I stand up, Bmo pulled my hands constantly and said, "Finn told us not to go out, remember?" 

Well, he's right. But I'm bored...

"Then... we'll just stay outside the treehouse. Don't worry, I won't go too far. Just be my companion." he nodded.

BMO waited for me when I grabbed my bag upstairs. I scurried up the ladder to get my bag under the bed. However, a strange noise suddenly interfered, making me jump on my feet.

"Hello?" hmm, strange deja vu... "Hel—"

"Y/n, are we going outside?"

"Y-yes, coming." I hurried downstairs then wore the strap of my bag and continued outside with BMO. A while ago, the figure that I saw in Finn's bedroom was also the person I saw back at the kingdom.

We sat near the pond so I can stare at my reflection and kept myself busy. I carried Bmo with both arms as I lay my chin on his head and glimpse at ourselves at the water haggardly. If Finn and Jake would be here late, I'll keep myself busy with my journal so I can jot my experiences in Ooo.

"(Y/N), WATCH OUT!"

Huh?

"Finn?" he nudged me away from the person he was at but I was back to reality again when I saw the figure before. "Reveal yourself!" he shouted on top of his lungs while I kept my gaze at the dark figure. She must be the thief they are talking about! 

"If you wanna know who I am, I promise not to hurt anyone," she slowly took her hood off her head then stared daggers in my direction.

She is me?

"Wh-what?" I stared at her blankly.

"Who are you?"

"I'm your sister."

❇ ❇ ❇

- edited/rewritten