She's Not the Monster

"Oh, hello Clover." He smirked nonchalantly as if this were a perfectly normal conversation at a perfectly normal time.

"H-hello, Daniel. . ." Clover whispered softly.

"You foul monstrosity. Look at you, have you ever seen a more disturbing creature?" He laughed at her variety of luggage and brightly colored clothing.

Newt was fighting back anger at every word coming out of the man's mouth. How dare he speak to her in that manner? As if he were above her! The bloody nerve!

"Don't you talk to her that way. . . You swine!" Newt shouted angrily at him.

Daniel sniggered at him. "Ah! And who's this? You never told me you had a boyfriend, Clover. I thought we'd established no one would ever date someone as hideous as yourself? It seems not."

He tugged roughly on her hair, attempting to wrestle it from her scalp. Clover screamed and attempted to reach her wand. Newt grabbed his wand and held it in front of him. If he didn't do something soon, this man would scar Clover for her entire existence, not only physically.

"Stupefy!"

Daniel fell backward, groaning and attempting to stand back up.

"She's n-not the monster, you. . . you delusional bastard!" Newt gripped Clover's hand tightly in his and ran away from the alley.

Once they were far enough away,  Newt stopped to check for injuries. "Darling, did he hurt you?" He asked her gently, looking into her emerald green eyes.

Clover's eyes had faded and blurred, almost as if she'd lost focus. "He. . . He cut my arm. . ."

Newt looked down at her forearm and noticed a deep scar reading scum. Daniel had cut her arm with a pocket knife the moment Newt's back was turned.

"I brought my medical supplies. As soon as we get on the ship I'll fix you right up. How's that sound, love?" He asked her.

Clover gripped his hand tightly. "Lovely. T-thank you."

Newt could she was still in shock and it would take a little while for her to relax. He pecked her cheek and walked her to the ship. "It'll all be alright. It'll all be alright."