Chapter Twenty-Six;

I know, weird that I am appearing before the story starts. But I just finished rereading the last part and saw how many mistakes there are and I cringed. I will most definitely be going back once this story ends to fix all my errors. Till then, try not to cringe if you're reading a really horrible chapter. Chances are I wrote that chapter on my phone and published it once I was content with it.
Also, I know I have soooo many stories waiting to be finished and published, but I was thinking of doing another Reign one, one involving Francis since this turned into a Bash one. What do you think? Would you be interested in reading it? If so, please let me know in the comments.
Thank you for being awesome💕

"This is ridiculous, must we attend this if we do not wish to?"

"Honestly Maria, stop acting like a child."

Jane turned her back toward Maria, the light in her blue eyes returning as soon as she spotted Kenna. Behind her, Maria scrunched up her face in disgust to see her once best friend beaming with joy for her newest friend.

Alaina watched her youngest lady out the corner of her eye, a small smile barely visible on her lips. Jane had grown into a respectable noblewoman leaving behind her childish best friend. It was only natural for Maria to lash out, to hate Kenna for stealing away her only friend. But the more it ate away at Maria, the nastier she would become. It was time, time to find her a husband of her own and to let her go.

"Lady Maria," her voice was gentle, yet held every ounce of a stern tone.

Maria straightened her posture and slowly made her way to her majesty's side, her head held high as she forced her facial features to radiate pure happiness, the happiness she did not feel but must pretend she did in order to please her empress.

"Majesty," she curtsied once beside Alaina. The rustling of her satin lavender gown lost amongst the hushed murmur of the crowds.

"Do not think for once second that I did not see nor hear your comment, Lady Maria," though her lips barely moved, her words were clear as if she was speaking in her usual tone. "You have grown bitter toward dearest Jane, I have seen."

"Forgive me, your majesty," she bowed her head as she spoke. "I will not do it again."

"No," Alaina sighed and turned her head toward Maria, "I refuse to see you turn into Anne, Maria. There was once a time when you radiated happiness and were most annoying with your girlish ways, but you were still kind. You lived for celebrities whether you care for their reason or not. It is why I have decided the time has come," she paused as she caught the eye of Francis, his brow raised as he watched her speak to her lady. "I shall find you a husband."

"As your majesty wishes," responded Maria quietly. She could not deny, it did hurt to hear that she was being dismissed from Alaina's service. She had hoped for a little more time, to find her own husband as Alaina had allowed them to do at their own pace.

Alaina nodded her head, dismissing Maria from her presence. Before returning back to her spot behind Jane, Maria curtsied and bid Alaina a good day.

"Kenna, you look beautiful," Lola walked a circle around her best friend to get a better look at the gown she was wearing. "To think, you're a royal now."

"I know," she squealed as she twirled around in her gown of purple damask. A gown suited for only a princess. "Freddie had a whole wardrobe made for me and the gowns are so gorgeous. And the jewels, don't get me started on those." She sat back on the edge of her bed, a large smile on her face.

"Kenna," Mary had just entered Kenna's chambers where she, Lola, and Greer all stood around getting ready for the celebration in honor of her wedding. "Or your highness now."