Chapter Twenty-Two

A/N: Okay so I know I left you hanging a bit with that last one, and I'mma let you figure out what you think of Daisy and Cassie by yourselves, next to this chapter is a picture of Cassie.

So hope you like this one guys!

                                                                 ~ ~ ~

Isaac just sat there, still as he ever was and staring at her. She waited for him to say something, anything in response.

“Cassie I…”

“I know, I know. I know I sound completely crazy and that we haven’t even said two words to one another in years but you and I both know that we only had each other back then. I know I should have said it before but for some ridiculous reason I thought…” She sighed, looking down and composing herself. “I was so concerned with myself all those years ago that I didn’t realise everything that I felt.”

“Cassie I can't…”

“No, I know what you’re going to say. I do, I’m just telling you that I care about you and I know you Isaac, and if you ever wanted me, in any way, I’ll be here.” She said, pulling her hand away and sitting back in her chair.

“Cassie I have a – I’m in a relationship.” Isaac said.

“So am I, that doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t give it up for you.” She said.

“I’m in love Cassie.” He said softly.

She sighed. “Yeah well I guess I wouldn’t know what that feels like… I’m not forcing you to say something you don’t want to, I’m just telling you that the offer is there.”

“I really didn’t expect you to…” He exhaled heavily.

“Yeah, I didn’t really think I was going to.” She said, putting a hand to her face and tried to hide her embarrassment. “God, I’m sorry. Beacon Hills… this place just… I guess things have been coming back to me ever since I arrived and you know me… and my mouth.”

“Cassie, don’t be embarrassed. You know that I used to care about you like that too… but you were gone and I had to keep on living. So I did and I found someone that I care about just as much.” Isaac said.

She looked up and shook her head. “No, you care about them more.” She gave him a smile and sighed. “I can tell.”

Isaac thought about Scott, about how he was probably just as jealous as he had been over Allison and smiled.

“Look this doesn’t change anything. I had to throw it out there.” She nodded.

“I know.” He said.

“If you’re happy, if you promise me you’re happy then I’ll leave it at that. I never said anything.” She said.

“Cass I don’t want to lose you as a friend, and I’m telling you, honestly, I’m happy.” Isaac said.

“Good, that’s all I want.” She said, “Well, that and for us to forget this moment happened. If that’s possible.”

Isaac looked at her and saw the vulnerable girl that he remembered leaving all that time ago, the one that he needed and the one that needed him. A long time ago he had wanted to be with her, he looked up to her. She was the one and only person who stuck by him through everything that happened, even when the rest of his peers just thought of him as that weird kid, that quiet kid.