Chapter 48: Playing with fire

Chapter 48: Playing With Fire

      " Andrew what is this?!" Jef— my dad's voice bounced off the walls.

     " Perfect timing," Andrew winked at me then cleared his throat and looked at my father. "Oh sorry sir, you have a very attractive daughter and that was just a...slip up"

   " A slip up?" A familiar voice laughed. I tried to meet his eyes but i'm pretty sure he was ignoring me.

    " Yes," Andrew's eyes sparkled a bit when he noticed Jackson's clenched fist. " Just a naked mistake" 

    " Yeah, well so was the last forty minutes of my life" Once again I guiltily tried to meet his eyes but he whispered something to my dad and walked past me without a word.

      Ouch.

     " Ashley? how do you explain this?" A voice asked but I was too busy staring at my feet. I forgot to put on shoes. Not that it's important right now.

   " Ashley?" Again the voice urged me to answer. Now all I could think about was his words so was the last forty minutes of my life... what does that even—

  " Ashley!" I gasped and looked up at the crowd of people giving me concerned looks. I slowly backed up.

   " I'm sorry uh..I forgot my shoes!" With that I turned and ran to look for him.

     I didn't even have to think about it really I already knew where he was headed so tried to navigate my way through the halls and down the stairs bumping into a few delicate glass thingies that I hope didn't break.

  " Jackson wait!" I yelled just as the engine roared to life. He pulled out of his parking spot and I stood in front of his car.

   " Move" He revved the engine which actually didn't scare me at all. I looked up at the sky in awe, it's drizzling. 

      Great my hair is never going to dry.

    " No, not until you talk to me" I had to raise my voice because there were gusty winds.

   " There's nothing to talk about. I have to run an errand and get back to the dorms before the thunderstorm hits" He popped his head through the window.

    " I wanna go home" I frowned. I can't believe I already miss the stupid dorms.

     " You are home. You have Andrew and your dad, if you stay you might finally get the answers you want" He jerked the car forward a bit but I still didn't move.

   " Screw Andrew! he kissed me to get to you on purpose and I don't mind bugging you until you give me the answers yourself" The rain picked up and I slipped my phone in my bra so it wouldn't get wet.

  " You're gonna catch a cold, go inside!" He blew the horn and I jumped.

   " No. I hate this place, take me home" I crossed my arms, getting more and more soaked by the minute.

 " Ashley" He growled.

  " Jackson" I stood my ground.

     I could see him sighing through the mirror before he motioned for me to get in the car. I jogged over to the passenger side and got in shivering. Jackson turned on the heater and took his shirt off throwing it to me.

     " You're stubborn and wet, put this on" He muttered.

        " Okay" I took the dress off without arguing this time because he's seen me in less already.  His shirt welcomed me with a smell of old spice and the warmth of the heater was enough to make me fall asleep.

    " You can take a nap if you want, like I said, I have an errand to run" He turned on the radio.

        It played some classical music for a while until I got bored and turned it off. " So what exactly is gonna happen to Andrew for kissing me?"

   He smirked. " How do you know something is gonna happen?"

      " Well," I adjusted my seat to a more relaxing position. " If my dad doesn't do something I know you will"

    " Oh I plan on doing something alright" He muttered under his breath.

        I gasped. "Jackson don't"

          " I can be stubborn too you know?" He smiled at me and just for a second I felt warm inside.

       I sighed. " Who are we visiting? mom? dad? brother?"

           " Ex girlfriend" He winked.

         " What?!" I sat up in the seat. Mafia men always go to a family member to get to someone. Family always have a dear spot in people's hearts. it can soften them up. In this case they won't hurt them but just try to warn Andrew I guess. Except I doubt his ex is family.

 " He got her pregnant so I thought—"

   " Andrew is a father?!" I gasped.

    " Can you let me speak woman?," Jackson rolled his eyes at me. " Jeez anyway, he got his ex pregnant and she aborted the baby before she told him but that's all I can say for now, I'm going to her house to get some dirt on him. Playing fire with fire"

   " That's childish" I muttered.

      " Your face is childish shut up" He placed his palm over my face and shoved me back so I fell on the seat. I squealed.

    " Argh I hate you" I tried to bite his finger but he was too quick.

          He turned his classical music back on and I looked out the window as the rain droplets slowly slide down the glass until the calm, peaceful mood drifted me off to bliss.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry it took so long for me to update lovelies, i'm working on it :)

btw this chapter was all just a build up for what's to come ;) I hope you enjoyed it pls vote and comment if you did, I try to respond to most ❤

xoxo