1.6 - Drowning Sorrows

I cringed when another sweaty body collided with me making me stumble back on my heels. The smell of various perfumes, sweat and strong alcohol made my stomach churn.

"Stop making faces like your constipated" Jake said with a high voice so I can hear him over the loud music. I did hear him and so did the people around us. Everyone laughed and I elbowed him in his ribs.

"Let's party, love" Emily shouted and dragged my arm towards the dance floor. People were less dancing more grinding. Seriously?

"I need to go to the washroom" I said to Emily and she nodded absentmindedly. I know she didn't hear me because she was busy finding someone to get laid.

I squeezed myself away from the crowd and found my way towards the washroom. I shut my eyes from the harshness of the bright lights of the bathroom. That's when I noticed the almost darkness in the club other then the flashing colourful lights and some lightings on the bar area.

I entered the washroom as a lady exited it leaving the washroom completely empty except me. I looked myself in the mirror and cringed at my attire. Sure I look hot but its not me.

Emily made me wear some loose blood red crop top that ended just above my navel, a black skinny leather pants with black boots. After a lot of insisting she let me bring my black leather jacket. She curled my hair and did my make-up with smokey eye and bright red lipstick. She really made me look a badass chick. I wore my jacket, which Emily forcefully made me remove at the entrance. After wearing it I straightened my hair and exited the washroom to get over with the reason I came here for.

Getting drunk.

Its said 'A drink the best remedy to forget your problems' . I decided to test it out.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't see the person standing in my way until I bumped in his chest. It was partially the dark's fault. Why the hell they keep it so dark that the person can't even see where they are going too.

"I'm so sorry" I apologized to the person, from whose outline I figured was a man.

"Its perfectly alright" he replied while wiping his hand.

"Oh my God! Did I spill your drink?" I asked a bit panicking.

"Yes" he replied

"I - I'm so -"

"I said its ok" he cut me off, gently.

"No its not. I spilled your drink, on you. I'm such a clumsy fool" I ranted and started wiping his hand. Frankly I can't see the stain but I saw him wiping, I just assumed.

"You can buy me a drink if you want" he said cockily. I stopped mid-way. I never flirted with anyone nor ever it happened other way around. So excuse me if I seem shocked.

"Hey, I was just kidding" he said .

"No. I mean I did spilled your drink. I think I owe you that much" I replied.

"Who am I to turn down such an offer by an angel" he said to which I glared at him.

"Sorry, let's go" he said and guided me towards the bar, all the way with a hand on small of my back.

"So what will you like to have?" He asked as we settled down on the stools.

"Anything strong" I replied.

"I know just the perfect thing" He smirked and whispered something in the bartender's ear.

"Right away sir" the bartender replied and disappeared somewhere.