Chapter 42

"Have you got everything I told you to bring?" Bellatrix asked, putting her hands on her daughters shoulders.

"Bella, she's fine, leave the poor girl alone!" Hermione said, laughing.

"Oh, are you sure Cheska?" Bellatrix said worriedly.

"Yes, Mum." Francesca said, rolling her eyes.

"Now give me a hug." Bellatrix commanded, pulling her small daughter into I tight bud. "I'm going to miss you so much!" Bellatrix whispered.

"I'm only going to school mum, besides I'll be back for Christmas!" Francesca laughed.

"Bella, let her go," Hermione said, taking Francesca's hand. Then Hermione hugged her little sister. "Now, Chessie, remember, it's LeviOsa, not Leviosaaaa,"

Francesca laughed. "I'll remember, now can I get on the train? Finn's waiting for me."

Finn was the boy that Francesca played with, hey had become quite close. He wanted to be a Gryffindor, Hermione thought Francesca would be a Gryffindor as well, but secretly she wanted to be a Slytherin, just like her mother. Bellatrix had never really had much visible preference, but had always hoped that Francesca wouldn't be a Slytherin, as if Bellatrix hadn't been a Slytherin she probably wouldn't have been down the horrible path she followed.

"Cheska, come in!" Finn yelled from a window in the train, and Francesca skipped on and sat down next to him.

"You nervous?" Francesca said with a grin.

"Not as much as you." Finn replied. "What's up with your hair? Why is it on fancy braids?"

Francesca smiled. "Mum said I had to do it nicely for the first day of school, but I kind if messed one up, I'll probably take it out,"

The train started moving and Finn and Francesca changed into their robes. For their first year, they had gone shopping in diagon alley together, they had bought a ton on stuff they didn't need, and wasted half their money on sweets, but they got some stuff they wanted. Their favourite part of the experience was when they went to get their animals, Finn had got a brown owl, and Francesca had gone for a black bunny, they weren't actually allowed rabbits, but Bellatrix had reminded her that breaking the rules it not always a bad idea.

Hermione had given her an enchanted cardboard box, inside was about a a couple of square metres for her bunny to run around in, it was perfect. It was a boy, she named him Henry.

"Did your mum teach you any spells?" Finn asked.

"A couple."

"Which ones?"

"I'm not telling. Now I can prank you really well and you won't know what hit you," Francesca grinned.

Finn rolled his eyes and laughed. He put a hand through his auburn hair, and looked at his little friend. "I hate you so much," he said.

"I hate you too." Francesca said, blowing him a kiss.

They sat on the train for a few hours and then got off the train at Hogwarts.

"Firs' year! Firs' years!" She heard a big man call. She'd heard of him, Hagrid. He was enormous compared to everyone Francesca had ever met, and compared to herself he was able it three times the size. Francesca and Finn followed him to a lake, it had about 24 wooden boats.

"Well get in then!" Hagrid said, and Finn stepped into the first boat. Francesca followed him nervously, and another boy sat behind her. He was also quite small, his robes were too big for him, he was wearing massive black glasses, he looked Asian, Francesca had never seen him before. She turned around.

"Hey, I'm Francesca, what's your name?" She said sweetly.

"I'm..um..Tyler.." The boy said nervously.

"Are you sure?" Francesca said laughing at his nervous tone.

"Yes, I am 100% sure I'm called Tyler." The boy said, not understanding her joke.

Francesca frowned. "Well, nice to meet you," she said, shaking his hand.

The first years got off the boats and waited by the main hall Francesca had never seen anything like it, it was amazing! It was very big, with hundreds of students sitting in long rows at four different tables. Francesca walked over to Finn.

"Is this the sorting?" She asked.

"Pretty sure," Finn replied, looking out.

"Abbott , Finn." A professed called out, and Finn walked up to a chair with a smile on his face. The professed put the hat on his head and it started to talk.

"Definitely not a Hufflepuff..could be good in Slytherin..but I think this one is GRYFFINDOR!"

Everyone started clapping, except the Slytherin table, and Finn sat down at the Gryffindor table. He looked at Francesca and mouthed your gonna be a Gryffindor too.

"Good, Michael." The hat read out, and a boy went up and got but into Slytherin. Another girl was Ravenclaw, and a different boy Gryffindor again. After that Francesca got bored, she got into a daydream.

"Lestrange, Francesca." The professor called, before receiving a gasp from the audience. Bellatrix may not have committed any crimes for years, but the Lestrange name was still feared. Francesca got up and sat at the chair, half wanting to be a Slytherin like her mother, half wanting to be a Gryffindor with Finn. She felt the hat on her head.

Ohh, a Lestrange, haven't seen one like you for a few years it said.

Not since Hermione Francesca responded in her mind.

Agh yes, miss Granger, always knew but never wanted to be the one to break the news. It said or thought, whatever one. Anyway, I can't really see you as a Gryffindor, you are not that much like your sister.

Francesca frowned. She wasn't going to be with Finn. Not a Ravenclaw either..just like your mother...a troublemaker. I can see you doing well in Hufflepuff, you'll be steered down the right path, so because of that I'm going to have to say HUFFLEPUFF!"

But this time, instead of cheering, everyone just stared at her. A Lestrange in Hufflepuff? It was unheard of, so Francesca awkwardly sat down at the Hufflepuff table, cursing the sorting hat. She totally blanked out again, until the sorting was over. She saw a girl sitting next to her, she had ashy strait blonde hair and blue eyes, she was smiling at Francesca.

"Hi, I'm Anastasia Ridgewater, half blood, you can call me Ana," she said, holing her hand out.

"Hey, I'm Francesca," Francesca said awkwardly. "Francesca Lestrange."

Anastasia gasped. "Do you hate me because I'm not pure blood?"

Francesca smiled. "No, I'm not like my mother, but my mother doesn't have as much of a passionate hate anymore, she's getting over it. You can call me Cheska, everyone calls me Cheska."

Anastasia creased her nose. "Cheska not cute, you sound like Norwegian,"

"Thanks?" Francesca said laughing.

"Can I call you Chessie?" Anastasia asked.

"Go for it," Francesca said, to her new friend.

First part...of part two...a bit confusing but oh well...

Please leave a comment or vote if you enjoy it!😘💜