The Other Side

Paige's POV

A lot of people are happy for him, and that's great. I'm happy for him as well. And I am really glad that I can still be his friend considering Keely and Landon refuse to let me go which is sweet. And we are all happy for Preston but... I just wish that he didn't leave me so suddenly, I feel horrible and like I could have said or done something to make it right. I guess at the end of the day, when you lose the attraction that you have for someone, you can't really force it back to life. And when he falls in love with another man, that stung a little but I know deep down that if the situation was reversed, and I found a woman, that he would still be really happy for me and that's the main thing.

Paige: "Is it weird tat I feel like shit, even though I support them both every single step of the way?"

Landon: "No I think it's perfectly reasonable. Granted if you and I had started something then there would be a problem. But right now, I don't really think there is an issue. The only issue is of course your videos have dropped a little but we both know that was to be expected right?"

Paige: "Didn't really answer the question Landon."

Landon: "Look it's fine for you to be happy for him and support him in every endeavor that he has and every chance he get's. Regardless of whether you two dated or not. It's not the fact that you two broke up that defines what and who you are as a person, but how you treat each other afterwards. I know he left suddenly but surely even you can understand that if you stop liking women in general. It would be pretty hard to not act suspicious or uneasy until he found the right time to tell you. I agree it wasn't petty and I'm sorry for that, and he has apologized as well I know that for certain. But if he doesn't even hold attraction to women anymore. As I said, it's hard to hide that."

Paige: "Yeah I guess. I'm sorry Landon. I'll let you get back to your videos."

Landon: "Sorry Paige, Hey why don't you message Rob? I know he hasn't been too happy with Preston after he did what he did, and neither is Lachlan or Vik."

Paige: "I might try and talk to them. See If we can chat about it all."

Landon: "Hey don't worry. I know that, deep down the boys are happy now, even if it meant that Preston half gave up being in the pack because of how he did it. The boys don't respect him as much anymore but that isn't his fault. You would think that Rob would know how that felt after he left his relationship and then got with James over a year later. He lost attraction for women and those two are still going strong now."

Paige: "It's not the same though, Anyway I'll talk to you later. Bye Landon."

Landon: "Later Paige."

I put my phone on the bedside table next to me, just thinking about it all made my blood boil. I know I was happy for him. But at the end of the day he left me, just out of nowhere.

Mom: "Paige are you ok?"

Paige: "Yeah mom I'm fine, sorry just thinking about it makes me a little bit upset but I still support him in every way I can."

Mom: "Well I'm sure I'm not the only one that has said that how he did it was wrong. But he is happy, and he is your friend. All we can do is support him."

Paige: "Yeah I know, Thanks."

Mom: "Dinner will be ready in twenty minutes. Come down when you can ok?"

Paige: "Will do, Thanks Mom."

As she exited my room I heard my phone vibrate. I picked it up to see a few messages from some of his friends which was weird. They hadn't directly messaged or weeded me since Preston broke up with me, Which I understand as I wasn't too worried about. They were his friends, it would be weird if one of them kept in contact unless they were interested in me, and I'm pretty sure that with Lachlan dating Landon and Vik still with that Kayleigh chick. It would be funny.

Rob: "Paige are you o?"

Lachlan: "Paige?"

Vik: "PAIGE ANSWER THIS PHONE RIGHT NOW!"

*Paige added Lachlan Power, Vikram Barn, Robert Latsky into a group.*

Rob: "PAIGE THANK FUCK ARE YOU OK!"

Lachlan: "Jesus Christ I was so worried about you."

Paige: "Aren't you talking to Landon?"

Lachlan: "He didn't talk to me about what you guys were talking about."

Vik: "Fuck I'm so glad you're ok."

Paige: "What the fuck is going on?"

Rob: "Preston told us what happened."

Paige: "Wait you guys didn't know?"

Rob: "No... why would you think we did?"

Paige: "Jerome told me that You guys weren't happy with Preston for how he broke up with me, that you guys were upset with him."

Lachlan: "We just found out from Keely then... why would Jerome tell you that though?"

Paige: "I don't know? If it makes you feel better how come you had to hear it from Keely, I thought you guys would have been the first to know."

Vik: "I had some suspicions after Preston stopped tagging you on twitter and shit. aside from that I don't get it. The boys here are pretty angry as well but we know we can't do anything."

Paige: "I appreciate the concern guys. I really do, but at the end of the day. He's happy stop Jerome. And that's all that matters right?"

Rob: "HE FUCKING TEXTED YOU SAYING HE COULDN'T BE ATTRACTED TO WOMEN AND THAT HE COULDN'T LOVE YOU HOW IS THAT OK."

Paige: "It's not, I know this but at the same time you need to remember that he is still our friend."

Vik: "Yeah but, we just worry ok? We might not have been so close to you but you know you're still a friend to us. To all of us, at the end of the day we might drift apart and not become as close as we could or as we use to be, but we still care about you and how you feel."

Paige: "Look I appreciate it Vik but I'm fine, I'm happy for him and that's all that matters."

I disbanded the group and was about to set my phone down before another message popped up. Individually this time.

Lachlan: "What Vik said about us worrying about you as well. He means it yeah? Some more than others but, he means it. I'll be in Texas soon, Do you think I would be allowed to come and see you, Help put the others mind at ease because Vik is blowing up my phone right now."

Paige: "Lachlan... why did you wait this long to message me? We broke up three months ago."

Lachlan: "THREE MONTHS! KEELY TOLD US IT WAS RECENT!"

Paige: "That's what Preston must have said. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to have to worry about the backlash of hatred it would cause for the both of us."

Lachlan: "I'm sorry Paige."

Paige: "It's fine Lachlan. Hey I need to go and meet up with Keely anyway, why don't we go out for dinner with Landon, Preston and Jerome and I can show you that we are still friends?"

Lachlan: "Yeah ok, that sounds good. If it get's hard or whatever just let me know and I'll get you out of there ok?"

Paige: "Deal."

(So we always write about the boys being gay or breaking up with the gf or the gf being evil or whatever so I thought    what if we flipped it on its head. And I wrote this from the Girlfriends point of view after the break up and the boy goes to a man? We always read it from the males point of view so This is different. Hope you guys enjoyed it.)