The Alphas Possession - Chapter Seven

The Alphas Possession. Chapter 07 - Ice cream buddies

Although there is no use of swear words/mature language, there will be in future chapters.

Cheryl

Aunt Rose came to pick me up from school which was great because I could finally rest after this whole death thing. When I got home, I hugged Aunt Rose and went straight up to my room, jumping onto my bed. I closed my eyes but struggled to sleep, the fear of having another nightmare still lingered and I didn't like it at all. I took a quick shower, coming back to my bed but still not able to sleep. Aunt Rose had left to go back to work so I was now alone. I went over to my desk, turning my laptop on and staring at the screen blankly. After thinking about what do to on my laptop I opened Spotify and let my playlist play all the songs that would make me slightly happier. To be honest, food sounded good too. Sucks I had to cancel my ice cream date with Valerie.

I hear the doorbell ring and fold the page of the book I was reading, placing it down on my bed as I walked downstairs to the front door. I looked through the peephole thingy and saw Aaron holding two bags. School had finished, right? I finally opened the door after debating whether I should or not for 5 minutes. "Cheryl, I heard you're sick?" I opened the door fully so that he could walk in, I nodded and led him to the sitting room. "What brings you here?" I ask him out of curiosity, breaking the awkward silence between the two of us. "I brought you ice cream, I may have overheard you talking to Valerie about going out today but now you're sick." He takes out several tubs of ice cream placing them on the table which was located in the middle of the room. "Thank you, Aaron!" I jump up from the sofa but too high which resulted in my arms wrapping around his neck and his arms around my waist, our faces too close for comfort. Aaron immediately steps back but misplaces his feet and falls, dragging me down with him since his arms had been around me. "This is not going as I thought it would." He breaks out into a fit of laughter leaving me confused between his legs.

"Mhmm! It tastes so good Aaron!" I moan out, digging my spoon into the tub of ice cream. "I'm glad you like it I guess, who would've thought you were a cookie dough lover though?" He laughs whilst he ate his coffee flavoured ice cream. "Well, I can't believe you like coffee flavoured!" I giggle, finishing my 3rd tub. Beep beep. I look over at the digital clock that had made the noise, it read 6:00. Aaron and I had been alone, eating ice cream for 3 hours and of course talking about stuff. "Cheryl as much as I don't want to, I have to leave since it's getting late," I nod, placing my half finished 4th tub on the table, walking Aaron out to the door.

I waved him goodbye and watched him mount his bike and ride off, looking back several times to smile at me. Aaron is really good company and so nice to have bought me ice cream! I go back in, locking the door behind me and storing my extra tubs of ice cream in the freezer. I hear music playing now that the house was completely silent and go upstairs back to my room but the window was open. Had I left it open before I went down to see Aaron? I look around my room to see if anything was different but nothing seemed to be touched which was a relief.

Dreen came home 40 minutes after Aaron had left, he had basketball practice which is why he was late home. "Cheryl, does this ice cream belong to you?" I hear Dreen shout from downstairs. "Yes it is, so don't touch it otherwise I'll castrate you!" I close my window quickly and run outside my room, jumping from the top of the stairs and onto Dreen who was leaving the kitchen with a tub of ice cream. "Did you not hear me you, idiot?" I take the spoon and tub from his hands and run upstairs to my room, locking the door behind me so he couldn't possibly get back at me.

When I had calmed down my breathing from running/jumping too much I went over to my bed and opened the tub, eating it slowly. How come when I was eating earlier with Aaron the ice cream tasted better? Is this the effect of Dreen touching my food? Or maybe I'm cursed? Either way, I'm hungry and Aunt Rose isn't back yet. I finished the tub of ice cream and threw it skillfully into the bin at the end of my desk which my laptop was on. Damn, why is my laptop so far? I wanted to do some stalking. I sigh, too exhausted and full to move. I lay down flat on my back and stare at the ceiling, my mind starting to play with me.

I found myself back in that weird neverending field of grass and flowers with the sunrise. This place again? But I'm not asleep this time. I get up, wearing the same white dress with the same wolves surrounding me. This time I didn't run with the wolves because I was brought back to reality before I could dream again. I'm suddenly deaf to my surroundings and someone speaks up, "She's the one."

Strangely the voice was Aarons' voice?

<><><>

A/N Do you guys hear that? The sound of.. a double update? By me? ME? Honestly, I should be doing homework but instead, I'm doing this and listening to album mashups. My life is amazing.