Chapter 23: Divorce & Kidnap?

Evelyn's POV

"Wake up baby..." I heard Nick's voice tugging at my ear. I was already awake; I just didn't have the courage to wake up and show my face to him after what happened last night. Ok I know I was drunk, but I wasn't completely drunk, I should've controlled myself. Instead I just rambled like a fool! And what happened? I didn't even get the right answers for everything I asked instead I revealed more of myself. Shit! That just shouldn't have happened.

"Baby.... we have to go home... now get up" He shook me once more and got up pulling his shirt over his head. I was peeking through my eye half open. 'Where did he get this new shirt from. He looks freshly showered.'
"Yes, I just took a shower and Mark bought these clothes." Shit! He heard me.

"You've already showered" I said like a fool. Cause I obviously didn't have anything to say and I didn't want to sit quiet.

"And see these are for you" he replied handing me a bag. "I asked him to buy a skirt for you. Bra and panties of your size-" I quickly cut him off.

Wait a minute! "Bra and panties?! You asked Mark to buy a bra for me?! Are you fvcking insane?" I got up from my bed angrily, moving past him not before throwing him a glare.

"You need to let me finish or ask me instead of jumping into conclusions! I asked my assistant actually. She'd know what would be much comfortable... right?" He asked with a careful look on his face.

"Oh. but she doesn't know what I like! And see... this is lace but I actually prefer cotton!" I said showing him my new panties like a shameless.

"No! I've always seen you wear lace!" He tried to justify.

"That's only when I'm with yo-!" Shut up Katherine!
"Nothing! Let's go home, your sister might be waiting" I said changing the topic so that he forgets what I said. Unfortunately, not! As I got to know by the stupid smirk on his face.

I took a quick shower because obviously I had no shampoo, I mean I hardly come here. I don't know how he took a bath. By the time I got ready wearing all my clothes with no make-up, he just sat on bed looking at me intimately. I towel dried my hair, and I was probably looking like a vamp with such frizzy hair.

"Stop looking at me" I said with a frown.

He got off the bed and walked out of the room with a smile gracing his lips. Weird!

Nicholas's POV

I came downstairs to the living room giving her some time to get ready. I know she's feeling weird with the confession she made to me last night. But she doesn't have to feel anymore awkward. I understand her feelings towards her parents, after all my parents aren't much far different from hers.

I took out my phone and called Alex. Well Daniel would've been in conference with us but I don't know, fortunately or unfortunately he doesn't know. I have no idea why I never told him. Eve didn't want Caroline to know. Hmm well...

"What?!" I heard Alex groan out loud enough for me to come out of my thoughts.

"Are you still sleeping?" I teased.

"Look who's talking!" Ugh! He's the only man who can win an argument with me. After all he's the topmost barrister in London. "Now tell me what it is! I lost all my sleep" he grumbled.

"Uhm ya...-" I started only for him to quickly cut me off.

"Why do you sound like our newfound lovesick puppy Daniel? Are you in love Nick?" He burst out laughing. Asshole!

"Listen! Fvcker!" I screamed into the phone. But slowly walked out of the house into the garden so I can talk freely.

"Oh, please continue" he snickered.