49

[amber's pov]

It was impossible not to smile as Harry softly made Daisy release his shirt from the little tight grip and threw the small duvet, which was children sized, over her, meanwhile she mumbled in her sleep.

He closed the door to the dark room after himself, but left it a little open still. We tiptoed back to the living room in silence, so we wouldn't wake her up.

“She’s actually pretty strong for her age,” Harry shook his head in disbelief as we were back in still up lit living room.

“She’s adorable - I’m sure she’s going to make a lot of people swoon when she grows older - just like she does now actually,” I picked up the blanket from the floor and folded it quickly - it was still warm against my touch. He grabbed a cushion following my example, though a smirk had appeared in his features over my comment.

“She sure is - so have you been babysitting her often or?” He threw the cushion onto the couch and grabbed another one, sending me a gentle interested smile.

“Yeah like - yeah a lot actually. She’s kind of adorable and it’s a bonus that it can help Aria so,” he looked at me with his interested jade green eyes and I had to focus in order to make sense of my stream of words; “it’s always a blast really! Haven’t you looked after her?”

Harry groaned with a wide growing smirk, as he held the last cushion down his side, “no not really. I mean yes maybe once or twice but I honestly think Aria wouldn’t trust me with that! Probably a good idea though.”

He didn’t seem to mind though as he continued with a chuckle, “like I love her right? But I'm just not good with entertaining for so long. I mean what if I run out of ideas? Or she would start crying or something? Anyway I’m still a big hit when I bring my guitar - so I guess my lack of time actually just makes me more … valued when I’m finally here you know?”

“That’s actually pretty crafty!” I threw the blanket over the armrest of the armchair and looked at him with narrowed eyes, as I seated on the couch. I was pretty sure that was the thing with most guys though; it wasn't that they didn't like kids, but it could be a major responsibility to take on.

He shrugged playfully, “well it’s not easy entertaining kids for so long seriously - so you got my respect that you’re able to do that! ”

With a genuinely grin he crossed the room to take a seat next to me on the couch. I had lifted my legs up under me and was holding my arms around them, while I looked at him with endless amounts of questions and imagine him as the favorite uncle who played in a band and only came on very special occasions.

“You have no idea how many questions I got on my mind,” I observed how his eyes grew a little wider in surprise as he continued playing with one of the silver rings on his hand. It reflected the light beautifully, but he didn’t seem to notice as his eyes were settled on me. And he smiled that way when he would bite down on his bottom lip in order to keep from smiling widely but his dimples would still show - that kind of smile that made my heartbeat race.

“So do I actually,” he got questions too? My heart fluttered and I held on tighter to my knees, as in a try to keep myself from freaking out and start laughing like a maniac.

He leaned in a little as if he had gotten a good idea; “okay so I know this game. You can ask whatever question - we’ll take turns - and you can either decline to answer or answer completely honestly.”

I nodded understanding the game before he continued, “I have to head to work in half an hour actually so we’ll probably have to continue this later - but doesn’t mean we can’t start it right?” He spoke matter of fact. That it was unavoidable that we would meet again. Could he stop trying to kill me with his words and honest intentions? He … he gave me hope. Hope which meant the danger of getting hurt if things went wrong.