The Alphas Possession - Chapter Eight

The Alphas Possession. Chapter 08 - Running

Although there is no use of swear words/mature language there will be in future chapters.

Cheryl

The next day I woke up fully restored. I had enough energy to eat more ice cream but I possibly wouldn't since I was a good healthy girl. Pfft, what am I talking about? But seriously after all the ice cream, I ate yesterday I would have to do some exercise to stay fit. 'Of course, to stay fit for him'. What?

"Cheryl, come down for breakfast!" I hear Aunt Rose shout out to me after I take my morning bath. Dreen had already left for school so it was just me and Aunt although she would be leaving for work soon meaning I would be alone. Again.

I finished up breakfast, waved off my Aunt who was on her way to work and went up to my room seeing as I had nothing to do. I was extremely bored, who would have thought I would be this lonely moving here. Valerie, Dreen and Aaron are at school and my parents abandoned me here, but now that I think about it I haven't explored that much.

I walked into my closet (literally) and chose an outfit to wear and changed into it, finishing it off with a necklace my older sister had gotten me when I turned 15. I went downstairs, locked the front door and stood on the front porch deciding on what direction to go. Since the direction of school was left I decided to go right. I plugged my earphones into my phone and started my long journey.

I finally reached the end of the street where I was living and there was a pathway that led to a park, how do I know this you may ask well... I just read the sign? The sign read: Upside down park. That's a funny name for a park that seems to be the right side up. Below the sign, in small writing, it said: Beware of wolves.

Wolves? The people in this place are crazy thinking some supernatural creature exists. 'Of course, they do'. Maybe I'm going crazy too, hearing these weird thoughts in my head. 'Crazy? It's me, come on'. Yup, definitely crazy.

Despite the signs warnings I went ahead on the path, putting my volume down so I wouldn't randomly get jumped along the way. The pathway was narrow and gloomy, I guess this is one of those dangerous night shortcut paths everyone takes after a night out. There were trees on the left and right which happened to be overlapping the pathway. Eventually, I reached the end of the path which revealed lots of land and even a track. A track is what I really needed right now. I jogged up to the track where there were benches so I placed my jacket there, leaving my phone and house keys on me and started running.

Although it was cold, running would make me warm. Back when Cel was alive and I lived with my parents I used to run a lot, I was on the track team and did cross country. However now... I don't think I'll run a lot since I had always run for Celeste but now she's.. gone. I continue running for a good 30 minutes before taking a small break. I do some quick stretches before getting ready to run again. Who said I needed water huh?

"Cheryl, you shouldn't work yourself too hard," I look up to see Aaron holding a water bottle and jogging towards me. Aaron hands me the bottle of water a weird look on his face as if he was worried for me. "Right, thank you, I forgot to uh, drink water," I gulp down the cold water, looking at Aaron who had been staring at me for a while. "Is there something wrong Aaron?" I ask him which snapped him out of his thoughts. "No.. nothing.. you're just beautiful, I mean good at running! Yes, you should join the track team at school," he hands me a towel to wipe away my sweat. "I don't think I will, I don't really run in competitions anymore," Aaron looks at me in shock as if I had just hit him. "But you'd be amazing! Please, run for me at least?" He holds out his hand which confuses me, does he want the bottle back or the towel cause I mean that would be weird.

I'm dragged away from my thoughts when Aaron grabs my wrist leading me somewhere, somehow he had already gotten my jacket from the bench and was now taking me somewhere. "Let's go get some food, you must be hungry right?" He asks me, smiling. "Yeah but erm. Aaron, will Royalty be okay with this?" I question him and stop walking. "She'll be fine, don't worry about it." He answers with a smile on his face but there's more to it than just that.

<><><>

A/N Luckily my connection came back on :P Sorry this chapter may be suckish since it's just a filler chapter. I'll start writing the next one soon :D I'd like to dedicate this chapter to the following two: @_Dreamy_One_ and @Breggan14 :P By the way the speech in '' is her inner wolf.