Chapter 19

"Good morning" I greet Mia's mum as she opens the door.
"Rae! My goodness, it's been so long since I've seen you. How was your Christmas?" She asks me gleefully.
"It was good thank you. I spent some time with my uncle as well as the boys I'm living with so it was nice. It was incredible as well to go to Seoul for Christmas and experience it their way" I smile, recalling all of my memories. "What about you?"
"It was good. Saw family and such so very nice"
"Rae!" Mia shouts, catapulting herself into my arms after she's raced done the stairs, her mum gracefully stepping out of the way.
"Mia!" I cry back. "We'll drop her home later, some time between 4 and 5" I quickly say, turning back to her mum.
"Good bye, have a nice time" she replies, shutting the door after us.

And that is how most of the meetings with my friends parents go. We pick up Mia first, then Skye and Amy followed by Lucy and Rosie with Ella last. The van that my uncle's picked everyone up in is full of chatter and laughter. He's smiling at us though I can tell he's not really used to teenage girls - the only one he's dealt with in the past few months is me and I have more boyish tendencies than most. Then again, my friends aren't necessarily girlie girls.

We finally, much to my uncle's delight I'm sure, pull into the drive way. The girls are in awe at the place, gawping at the amount of vehicles we have as well as the beauty of the architecture.

"Why do you have so many vans?" Ella asks inquisitively.
"You'll find out soon enough. Come on" I grin, pulling open the door.
"Jeez Rae, you've landed on your feet" Rosie mutters, still processing it.
"You've all got your stuff?" My uncle asks, a chorus of 'yes' being his answer so that he can lock the vehicle.

I lead them up the path, opening the door with us all awkwardly trying to shuffle out of our shoes when we're inside. They're visibly gaping as they look around, spotting the spiral staircase encased in glass, the large kitchen leading out onto the patio with the pool, the large sitting room surrounded almost entirely in glass giving the perfect view out into the forest in three directions.

"Come on. I'll give you the tour later but follow me" I smile, leading them upstairs.

They trail after me, clutching their bags and anything else they've brought with them.

"How many rooms do you have? Bedrooms I mean." Skye asks as we trail reach the landing, noting all the doors and the two corridors leading off of it.
"Um, fifteen bedrooms - I counted - and five bathrooms to go with them in total. Thirteen of the bedrooms are on this floor, two are downstairs with four of the bathrooms also up here. Sorry but my room is a bit of a trek" I smile nervously, desperately wishing for none of the boys to appear out of nowhere.

Thankfully, we make it through unscathed. No sign of them.

"Jeez, and you have the balcony right next to you, opposite the bathroom. Best room I reckon" Lucy jokes when we eventually reach my door.
"Come on in" I smile, opening it for them.

Mia immediately flops down on the bed, Ella and Amy moving to the window whilst the other three explore my room a little. I simply pull out my desk chair, sitting on it and watching them with glee.

"No way! Is this from Korea?" Ella gasps, noting all of the kpop additions on my desk, picking up numerous notebooks and tubs of things.
"Yeah, all of the sm stuff is from the Coex mall and the rest I found in the shops. I bought some new clothes and stuff as well" I laugh.
"Wait! Hold up! Is that a new jumper?" Mia exclaims, bolts upright. 

About time somebody noticed my sweater - the Seventeen DK one that Renjun bought me for Christmas. For the next twenty minutes or so, we sit around on my bed and the surrounding floor and chat about our holidays. I tell them about the numerous things I did with the boys - not mentioning any names and leaving out all of the sm details - whilst they, in exchange, tell me all of the mischief they've been up to. I can't help but die after being shown the video of Ella playing a recorder with her nose.