interlude ∞ two

Right now, right here, at this moment... 

You want to know... what happens after the impacts. I shall tell you in brief:

(Yes... I still speak inside your head.)

...

Circa Anno 3000 - 6648 A.B.C.

Many die... during and after.

Earth is in flux. Its moon cycle slows. Survivors experience what no man should: Continental shifts and quakes... Eruptions... Storms... Floods and sinking seas...

Vast regions turn barren. The southern belt is uninhabitable. 'Climate change' begins not to describe it.

Valleys of living land are few and precious.

It is the age of the Great Desolation—and One Nation.

Many return to help rebuild the habitable North. Many Aumega friends join them.

The central belt becomes the belt of industry.

...

Millennia pass. Recovery is slow.

...

The scene is set. Enter my role...

...

It is Anno 6648 A.B.C.—After Birth of the Christ. I am called before the Sixth Queen and the Fifth King of the United Lands of Earth: Queen Leyonara and King Urson.

I see my Queen is growing aged. Her – turn – in the Cycle of Life is approaching...

The Queen must make a choice. But the choice is a process and I am before her—for I am of century-old her close friend, advisor, and confidant.

...

It is the day of Two Births that the Queen never sees... I am entrusted with responsibility. I shall be her eyes and ears—for the Queen must not be biased when it is time to choose.

...

Time is of import—as a Master of Stars will say.

...

At the moment I accept my new role, The Two are born, regions apart: 

One... at mid-Night under the full Moon... 

One... at mid-Day with the Sun in zenith... 

At the same moment... on opposite sides of the Earth.

— ∞ —

©2017 by kemorgan65