Chapter 7

Thank you to @Hchladybug1218 for the beautiful cover art!!^

Chapter 7
• • •

I was running, but I wasn't moving.

I was screaming, but I could not get a sound out of my mouth.

I was running from a dark figure.

He was holding a knife in one hand,

And a gun in the other.

I could feel my heartbeat pounding throughout my body.

He caught up to me.

I looked into my brother's eyes and all I saw was hatred.

He whispered in my ear, "It's all your fault."

I cried, screaming for help. I still could not make a sound..

He held me by my hair and spun me around to see my father, strapped to a chair with his mouth tied shut. He looked at me with pleading eyes, but I still could not move.

My brother lifted up his gun and shot my father in the head.  I watched as he bled out.

I screamed, but I still couldn't scream. I cried, but I couldn't formulate tears.

I could only watch.

He spun me around again, to see my mother strapped to a hospital bed, surrounded by black void.

He crept over to her and stabbed her repeatedly. Then he turned to look at me.

"This is all your fault," his words echoed through the void.

My screams started to ring through my head as I finally heard them.

My screams became so loud that I closed my eyes and slowly began to feel somebody shaking me.

My eyes flashed open and I stopped my blood-curling screams. I felt the sweat and tears soaking my clothes as I saw my mother, she was crying as well. She stopped shaking me and embraced me in a hug. I hugged her back and cried even harder. I hadn't had nightmares that bad in months.

"Shhh. It's okay. I got you baby, I got you," She whispered in my ear, which calmed me down a little bit. After a coupled minutes of that, my alarm clock went off for school. My mother looked at me tenderly.

"Do you want to skip today?" She asked me.

"No. I'm fine," I said and attempted to wipe off my tears with my sweaty hands. She helped me up out of my bed and looked at me a little more serious.

"Honey I'm sorry to say this but," she paused. "If the nightmares start back up again I'm going to have to schedule some therapy appointments. I don't want to have to but I just want the bes-"

"Mom, I know. But I'm fine. She said that I would have nightmares once in a while." I said and started to walk to my bathroom.

She gave me a sympathetic look and walked away. She could be an amazing mother when she wasn't drunk..

I started up the shower and stepped in. The cold water hit my back and I cringed at the ice cold liquid that now covered my body.

I quickly turned the lever warmer. I let the water pour down my body and felt the rejuvenating sensation of the water pouring down my face.

I slowly sunk to the floor of my shower and buried my face in my knees. I cried. A lot. I closed my eyes and rested my face on my knees until the darkness gave me anxiety.