Come With Me #21

"I will love you if your hair turns gray..and i'll still want you if you gain a little weight. Yeah."

Senoj

I dropped my keys down on the living room table, sitting down and kicking off my shoes.

The house was quite considering Shyla and Monte had gone. I missed Monte dearly. Although it had just been a day and some change.

Shyla had saved up just enough to get her an apartment. I hadn't seen it yet but Akim said it was okay. He helped her move in a few things. Which I didn't care for cause that's the movers job.

Sunday we agreed to go by and visit her with a house warming gift.

I was tired as ever after lunch with Mr. Laurence we had to take that dreadful walk back up the stairs. I'm pretty sure I lost five pounds in one day. The heels I wore didn't help the matter.

Akim would be home in a hour or so and I wanted to have something for him to eat by then.

I forced myself upstairs and changed into some shorts and a loose long T. I tied my hair back and pulled on my fuzzy socks.

Making my way downstairs and into the kitchen I looked for things I could make.

We had chicken breast, spaghetti noodles, and Prego pasta sauce. I had an idea.

Chicken Parmesan.

I was just missing one thing.

I decided to call Akim and ask him to stop at the store before coming home.

 I just needed Parmesan cheese.

I started making the food but I stopped every so often glancing at my watch. Everyday I anticipated seeing Akimed. It was as if I was a high school girl who couldn't wait for the bell to sound over head. I couldn't wait to hop out my seat and meet him in at our special place by the lockers.

He seemed to always be in the back of my mind in whatever I do.  He should have been here fifteen minutes ago. Fifteen minutes away from him felt like fifteen years. I was already bad enough that I had to work eight to nine hours a day. Every moment away from him added up.

Lost in my thoughts I felt warm arms wrap around my torso. I jumped slightly but relaxed in his arms.

"Calm down ma," he whispered slowly "Its just me."

I smiled inwardly turning around in his arms. I wrapped my arms around his torso and breathed in his fresh scent.

"How was work?" I questioned.

"It was okay, my boss has been on me extra hard these days. I don't understand why he's riding me so hard." he told me shaking his head in frustration. 

"Maybe he just sees potential in you, one of my foster parents use to always make me do all the hard work around the house. I asked her why and she said because I didn't have parents, I was an orphan and life would never be easy for me. She said she was just giving me a head start." I told him chuckling at the short memory.

He looked down at me with his eyebrows lifted high "Maybe." 

I shrugged my shoulders and stood on my tippy toes looking behind him. A few sacks sat on the counter top, from the looks of it he had gotten way more stuff then I had put on the list.

I shook my head noticing all the snack like Oreo's and Zebra Cakes that poked there heads out of the sack.

Akim was so hungry.

¨Go get washed up i'm almost finished with dinner.¨ I told him trying to scoot him out the kitchen. He barely moved and he laughed at my attempt to even move him one inch.  He finally began to move. A smirked was plastered on his handsome face.