intro

HAWTHORNE HEIGHTS
in which he finds salvation in a decrepit building

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EPIGRAPH

"So many people are shut up tight inside themselves like boxes, yet they would open up, unfolding quite wonderfully, if only you were interested in them."

—Sylvia Plath

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DEDICATION

to my mama,
may you find peace

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
STARTED

02.28.17

ENDED

09.03.17
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
REVIEWS FROM MY DEAR READERS

"Super relatable, great characters, and the character development is amazing. Overall, the book [Hawthorne Heights] is great and makes my heart happy..."
—@IssaLame

"You're socially aware with what's going on everyday and to add it into your books is amazing too, as well as keeping your reader's eyes open for them to know about the wrongdoings in our society..."
—@tied2u

"This book is beautiful in more aspects than one..."
—@estherhatesyou

"I like it [Hawthorne Heights] because it's realistic, these are half of the problems that society deals with today..."
—@1-800-papi

"Girl, you're hitting some spots for me right now. I feel just like this sometimes..."
—@avi-ajahna

"Hawthorne Heights is the realness that I need right now. With Wattpad glorifying books about "bad boys" and "thugs," the author gives a glimpse into the reality of the black community. [Hawthorne Heights is] a must read for anyone..."
—@forgeddreams

"I love how Hawthorne Heights isn't a cliché. It's [Hawthorne Heights] easy to relate to and the characters are amazing! Not to mention the author is the coolest person ever. I just love this book so much!"

—@ExplicitKayla

"You bring up topics that most authors are afraid to speak about because they don't want to lose readers. The topics you brought up are the things that happen in society today in which people are playing a blind eye to. That's what I really admire about your work...I swear everything about this book is perfect..."
—@crysarii

"This book gives me hope that I can find someone that I can really vibe with on a mental, spiritual, and emotional level. You're really going places in life and I have mad respect for you since you take your time to create something as beautiful as this..."
—@poeticallyblvck

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

hey, don't copy my books. when i'm done crying i'll probably just report the book. don't mimic my ideas, characters, nor concept of my story. it's not original.

i do not own any of the images used in the book. all rights go to the original photographers and will be taken down if needed. the models name and the photographers instagram account are in the book description. thanks.

and in case you're still not understanding, Copyright © 2017 by madandbougie All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hey, you guuuuuuuys! I'm currently editing Hawthorne Heights and it's gonna be amazing!

Plot holes where? Lack of character development who? Never heard of them. I have like thirteen chapters up and ready to be published along with a few extras that weren't even thought of the first time around.

Either way...the story and characters will remain the same, but better, like it got some sort of magical enhancement I don't know. So please do not be confused or surprised! I'm just making sure I'm tying off loose ends.

Love you guys to the moon and back!

— Mai (madandbougie)