»part 10 » fucked up this time

Mesmerized.

That's how he made me feel.

Hypnotized.

That's what he did to me.

Intertwined.

That's how we laid.

I could hear his heart sing a sweet melody that told me we were very much alive in this moment. Together. As one. My ear was glued to his naked chest as we shared a cigarette after our latest sexcapade under the train tracks. This was my favorite spot. This was where the thoughts couldn't get me. This is where I was safe.

I closed my eyes, listening to the air fill his lungs. Perfect.

I could hear him exhale as a large cloud of smoke escaped his lips, "So are you going to tell me what you were running from?"

And he ruined it.

I grabbed the cigarette from his hands, taking a large drag, "Yeah but then I'd have to kill you." I looked up and gave him a grin while blowing out smoke.

Humor helped. When I made stupid comments, reality ceased to exist. It was the only way to not talk about the things that scared me. The things that fueled the woman in my head.

I could feel him shake his head, "If it meant getting inside that complex mind of yours, I'd take it." He winked down at me.

Swoon.

I sighed, handing him the burning stick as I sat up on the lumpy-broken couch, "I don't think you could handle this mind."

He smirked, "Try me."

I looked at his deep blue eyes. The eyes that I could drown in at any minute. The eyes that looked at me like I was worth something. The eyes that I lov...liked? Fuck, I don't know.

An awkward cough escaped my chapped lips as I looked away from the boy who made my heart skip. I couldn't tell him this while looking at his face, "Carrie's moving."

"Moving in with her boyfriend?" His lips met the burning stick that touch my lips.

I shook my head, "More like moving out with her boyfriend." I moved to put on my t-shirt that was discarded on the dirty ground. The air was even colder than earlier but being next to Lip always made me feel like I was on fire so I didn't care.

"What do you mean?" His voice was low. He knew what it meant. I know he did.

I pulled my arms through my shirt before pulling it over my sex hair, "They're moving to San Francisco for his job."

He was quiet but I could hear the gears in his mind turning, "So she's going to leave you here?"

I licked my lips, "Lip," I paused to choose my words carefully, "She wants me to go with her." I couldn't look at him. If I looked at him I may have cried. Not because I thought I was leaving but because I didn't know what to think of it all. I was confused.