74 | Milah

╔══════════════════╗

INDIANA JONES
lxxiv. MILAH

╚══════════════════╝

PRESENT
UNDERWORLD

EVER SINCE INDIANA'S FRIENDS had arrived in the Underworld, peculiar things had begun to occur. Sure, just the mere fact that her friends and soul mate was in the Underworld for fascinating reasons was strange, but that wasn't it. Indiana would get the most random pains all over her body at the strangest of times. From feeling like something was pulling her hair to the sensation of whips and swords penetrating her body, Indiana knew something was wrong. No one was inflicting harm onto her, yet she felt like she was constantly in pain.

Still, being the stubborn little girl she was, Indiana kept it to herself.

Indiana and the others would be found rummaging throughout Snow White and Prince Charming's demolished Underworld apartment (no thanks to the beast that Hercules defeated). Every time she would bend down to pick something up or every time she would stretch her body in any way possible, she would flinch.

And finally, Peter was beginning to notice.

"That's the third time you've flinched in the past 10 minutes," Peter finally declared, staring at Indiana sternly. "Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" Indiana put on a confused facial expression, acting as though she had no clue as to what he was talking about. Before she could reply, he cut her off. "Don't act stupid, Indie."

She let out a sigh. "I—" she paused as if searching for a way to word her excuse. Indiana shrugged. "It's nothing. Honestly." She held her hands up. "I probably just pulled a muscle or something."

Peter stared at her some more as she moved about. "You can't pull what you don't have," Peter mentioned, causing Indiana's jaw to drop. She spun back around to face him.

"I'll have you know—" began Indiana as she raised her hands up. She seemed to be a very handsy person when she started to argue with someone. Therefore, when she started to speak with her hands and she flinched, Peter knew he'd won. Indiana sighed. "Ever since you all came down here, I've had these weird pains. Like... It feels like someone's penetrating me with knives or something."

Peter furrowed his eyebrows together. "How peculiar," he commented, thinking about what could've caused it. He shrugged. "I guess we'll have to figure it out. Together. That's how we work. We solve shit together."

Indiana gave him a soft smile. He truly had changed, thankfully for the better. She was proud of him.

The two went down the stairs of the apartment to join the group again. "You don't want to see what the hell dog did upstairs," Peter announced to them. He turned back to Indiana. "Though it's nothing compared to us."