37| black lake

"If only we had powers like you, y/n."

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

"Tell me again!" Hermione ordered Harry, who was about to fall asleep.

This has gone on for the past hour.

"Come seek us where our voices sound." He said while hitting his chin constantly on the book.

"The Black Lake, obviously." I said.

Ron started snoring and Hermione shoved him awake and handed the golden egg over to him.

Ron and I had a little rough patch after the Yule Ball, but we eventually made up. After all, we have been best friends for a very long time.

"An hour long, you'll have to look." Harry continued.

"That may be potentially problematic." Hermione said, shrugging.

Harry lifted his head up and looked at Hermione.

"Potentially problematic? When's the last time you held your breath for over an hour, Hermione?" Harry spat.

"Actually, I have before." I shyly admitted.

Both of my friends eyes went towards me.

"If only we had powers like you, y/n." Harry said, sighing.

I looked down, deep in thought of what we could do.

"Look, we can do this. The four of us can figure this out." Hermione said, trying to give us hope.

"Hate to break up this conversation, but Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office." Moody said to us.

We all got up, but Moody stopped Harry.

"Not you boys, just Granger and Clearwater." He said.

"But sir, the second task is only hours away and-" Hermione was cut off.

"Exactly. You guys should call it a day and get a good night sleep." Moody said.

Hermione and I exchanged confused looks, but began to make our way to McGonagall's office, without another word.

───────────────

"Welcome! Welcome, girls!" McGonagall said, leading us in.

"Did we do something wrong?" I asked, a bit scared.