22 - "When The Walls Are Closing In"

Why is this bathroom always so cold?  Cilia thought in irritation, the cold tile floor causing her nipples to tingle while goosebumps violently popped up on her arms and legs. She squeezed a thick chunk of mint Colgate toothpaste on her toothbrush and stood in the mirror, brushing her teeth. After five minutes she rinsed her mouth and washed her face before placing her toothbrush back into the holder built on the wall.

There was a lot of talking going on which had waken her out her sleep. But when she walked into the living room, she realized it was only Iris's friend Gail speaking really loudly because Iris had something sizzling in the frying pan. Cilia threw a polite wave and a fake smile and the older woman smiled back, doing a sweep over of her that Cilia didn't miss.

Cilia watched Iris flip some eggs over as some greased popped in the pan. She began making the short walk over to her sister until she was blocked by a taller stature. Allele stood in front of her, his hair in a bun while he wore a black t-shirt and dark black jeans. "Where you going?" He smirked, biting into an apple.

"Allele, move." Cilia mumbled. 

She just woke up and wasn't in the mood to play. She tried to go left but he slid in her way. 

She frowned. "Dude."

Allele chuckled and chomped on his apple, moving in her way again when she tried to go around him from the right side. 

Cilia frowned heavy as fuck. "Allele."

"Al, get out that girl's face." Iris said, looking in their direction, barely hearing Cilia's complaints over the hot pan.

Allele smiled and moved but threw a fake snarl Cilia's way. "She always moppin'. Ole depressed ass."

"Yeah because I have to look at you everyday." She said walking up and pecking Iris' cheek before opening the fridge.

"Aye aye aye," Iris interjected, "we have guest here you guys. Stop." She said. She knew how they got. They never took a break from each other, even as kids. It sometimes started out as throwing jabs and then they'll both get serious. They were too grown for that now and Iris was not about to let them act out in front of company.

"Yeah Cilia, learn how to act." Allele mumbled, pulling his phone out.