25

"The dark side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be... Unnatural." -Sheev Palpatine, Former Chancellor of the Republic and the Emperor of the Galactic Empire

--

"Cover me!" Rex yelled, Natalia and Rex ran up to the spider droids, Rex and Natalia set charges underneath the droids and watched them blow up. Natalia looked at it like it was art, Rex grabbed Natalia's hand and dragged her back to the front line. "For a Jedi Knight, you're unusually obsessed with explosions." Rex said, "Look! General Skywalker is being shot at by the Jedi cruiser!" Natalia yelled while pointing up at the sky, "Oh god, I swear if they kill him, we're all dead." Rex said while shooting another droid, "I agree, whoever shoots that fatal shot will be personally executed by me." Natalia said darkly. Rex sighed as he continued shooting droids.

"He's going to attempt to land in the open hangar!" Natalia said while looking through her binoculars. "No! Blast it! The Sepy's destroyed the hangar!" Natalia said, throwing her binoculars on the ground, "Now he's going to have to take that bucket of bolts to Tatooine." Natalia said angrily. "Oh thank goodness. Anakin has left, he's going to Tatooine." Natalia said, sighing in relief. "That's good, but a little help would be greatly appreciated." Rex said, still shooting at droids. "Oh, oh yeah. Sorry, Captain." Natalia said as she proceeded to take down droids.

"I understand General Skywalker escaped." Obi-Wan said to Rex, "Yes sir, on some beat up old spice freighter, I'll be surprised if he'll make it to Tatooine on that junk pile." Rex said. "If anybody can fly a bucket of bolts through hyperspace, he can." Obi-Wan said.

"Obi-Wan, can you hear me?" Anakin said through his comlink, "Kenobi here, have you made it to Tatooine?" He asked, "Almost Master we've-" Anakin started but was cut off by Obi-Wan, "Did you get shot down, again?" He asked, "Yes." Ahsoka answered for him. "This ship is slow, I haven't had time to modify it yet." Anakin made an excuse. Ahsoka rolled her eyes as Obi-Wan continued talking, "I'm still cleaning up your other mess. But I'll get there." Obi-Wan said before turning off his transmitter.

"So, what now?" Natalia asked as they walked to the clones, "I guess we clean up the droids, we can't just leave them lying here." Obi-Wan said. "I guess so." Natalia said while sighing, "Come on troopers, we need to clean this mess up." Natalia said to the clones, "You heard to the General, let's move it." Rex told the troopers, "Wait, General Schulter." Rex said while running up to her. "Yes, Captain?" Natalia asked. "How's your hand? Does it still hurt?" Rex asked. "Yes, it seems to be getting worst." Natalia said. "Describe the pain." Rex said, "It feels like my hand's been disconnected from the arm." Natalia said. "That's not good, General Kenobi!" Rex yelled for Obi-Wan, "Yes, Captain?" He asked, turning around. "General Schulter has a really badly injured hand, I don't think she can go on without getting medical attention." Rex said, Obi-Wan looked at her then at her hand.

"Lemme see." Obi-Wan said. Natalia nodded at Rex to take the bandages off, she hissed in pain as the bandages that were sticking to her skin were pulled off. "Oh, this really isn't good." Obi-Wan said, "You may lose this hand, General." Obi-Wan said. "Wait, what?" Natalia asked. "The bones are completely unattached from your arm, what happened?" He asked. "A battle droid stomped on it." Natalia said. Obi-Wan sighed and handed Rex new bandages, "Bandage her hand back up, it's going to be quite a while until we can get her help." Obi-Wan said. "Yes sir." Rex replied. "Well, this sucks." Natalia said while laughing. Rex laughed with her, "It must hurt like hell, well, that's all we can do for now. Until we get reinforcements I guess." Rex said. Natalia nodded and followed Obi-Wan as they continued cleaning up the mess.

"Excuse us, Captain while we contact the Chancellor." Obi-Wan said. "Come on Natalia, I think it would be best if you'd come." Obi-Wan said. "See ya later, Rex." Natalia said before running off with Obi-Wan. "Anakin has made it to Tatooine with the Huttlet, Master. But he's still in grave danger, Separatist troops are desperate to intercept him, I think this whole plot has been engineered by Dooku to convince Jabba that we kidnapped his son." Obi-Wan said. "If believe this, the Hutt's do, hurt our chance of a treaty with them this will. Join Dooku and the Separatists Jabba will." Yoda said. "That will be a disaster, we must have this alliance with the Hutts if we are to win the war in the outer rim." The Chancellor said, "Young Skywalker is the Republic's only hope, return Jabba's son he must." Yoda said.

"Anakin's experience with the Hutt's should help, he'll come through." Natalia said before disconnecting. "I hope." She said, she shook her head as she saw the clones pulling dead droids around and throwing them down the steep cliff. "Because our odds aren't looking too good right now." Natalia said.

"I have an idea, Master." Natalia said suddenly. "Finally, someone has an idea." Rex said from behind them. "Maybe I should contact Senator Amidala and we'll go to Coruscant to discuss a treaty, to prove Anakin's innocence!" Natalia said, "I don't see how that could hurt, contact the Chancellor before talking to Senator Amidala, this may be our only hope." Obi-Wan said. Natalia nodded and headed off to contact Chancellor Palpatine. "Chancellor, could you get Senator Amidala for me, I have something to discuss with the both of you." Natalia said. The Chancellor nodded and called for Padme.

"Natalia! It's good to see you safe, how are things going down there?" Padme asked. "Not good, that's why I need to discuss something with you. I propose that Senator Amidala and I go to Coruscant and discuss a treaty with Jabba's uncle to prove General Skywalker's innocence." Natalia said. "Such a noble gesture, young Natalia. But I'll have to decline that offer, it's far too dangerous." Palpatine said, "Chancellor, it's only a matter of time before Jabba executes Anakin and his Padawan, if I go and get Natalia from Teth and come back to Coruscant, we can talk and reopen negotiations with Jabba." Padme said. "Please my dears, I beg you to reconsider this." Palpatine said, "Don't worry, Chancellor. I've dealt with far worse than the Hutt's, and obviously, Natalia has too." Padme said.

"Do take care you two, the Hutt's are vial gangsters." Palpatine said as Padme walked away. "Natalia, stand by, I shall be there soon." Padme said.

"See you soon, Senator."