"I solemnly swear I'm up to no good."

Extended

---------------------

"An Embrose! How exciting..." The deep voice of the Sorting Hat says in her ear.

"Hello." Shelbie says politely, adjusting her seat as her heart thumps in her chest excitedly, but... also in fear. Here she was, finally at the place her parents spoke about to her since she was a baby. She couldn't wait to start her years there, and learn about who she was, even if she had a feeling she was going to be placed somewhere that was expected of her. But she couldn't help to feel a bit comforted by the hats voice.

"What a kind child you are! But why so nervous? You get to find out where you belong."

"Well... I already know where I'm going to go... Slytherin."

"Aah, but your heart says otherwise... Mm?" The eleven year old shrugged.

"Does it?..." She asks, biting her lip.

"Well lets see here... You do have the witt to be in Ravenclaw... Aah but you have the attributes to be a brave Gryffindor..." The hat chuckles. "Oh-hoho, but you have ambition to find yourself, eh? With a drive like that, you might just fit into Slytherin like your family... But... Mmm... Your loyalty to your family's ways are admirable... And you have potential."

Her heart pounded at the hats words. She closed her eyes and held her breath as she waited for the hat to say where she belonged, where her family hoped for her to be, but then...

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

"H-Hufflepuff?" She gasped as her heart flip flopped in her chest. Getting off the stool, the girl looked towards where the Hufflepuffs were seated, and she smiled as she looked towards the crowd and thanked the hat before walking over towards the the ones with the Badger emblem. They welcomed her over with open arms as she sat down, and she couldn't believe how even though she was prepared and happy with being in Slytherin, she felt that she belonged there.

And she felt welcome.

But as her days passed, she couldn't help but feel a bit... Lost. Deep down while she was in the right house for her, she didn't know what was to become of her during the next few years.