Chapter 13

"Oh Harry!" Molly cried, pulling away from her son to crush him into a hug as well. "Oh that is so perfect for you, dear."

"Defence Against the Dark Arts?" Remus asked him, smiling widely.

"Yeah." Remus got up, and pulled him into a big hug too, followed closely by Sirius.

"We're so proud of you, Harry. So proud." Sirius sighed, affection for the man in front of him welling up inside of him.

"Good." Harry sighed, smiling as they pulled away. "That's all I needed."

"Well I never expected a day would come where we teach alongside each other Mr. Potter." Professor Mcgonagall laughed, her mirth filling the air.

"We plan lessons together, once a week, over biscuits." Harry smiled.

"Oh, Harry." She got up as well and hugged him tightly. "That's wonderful." She pulled back, looking a little teary, but asked "What happened to being an Auror? That seems to be the obvious choice."

"I think being an Auror was never something I took seriously. I really didn't think I'd live long enough to become one, but I just said it anyways. Being a teacher though, it has so much more meaning for me. The people I'm around all the time don't care about me as much as the people at the Ministry, I think, which is a bonus." Harry explained seriously. He'd never say so aloud, for fear of offending Ron, but an Auror seemed like a silly childish dream to him now.

"Yeah, they really do. I mean, I'm basically Harry Potter there, they all worship me." Ron agreed.

"And there you have Ron's reasons for being head Auror." Hermione added, laughing at her husband's offended look.

"Well what about you Hermione, Dear? What is your job?" Molly inquired.

"Oh I'm head of the Department of magical creatures, but we mostly focus on the law aspects, such as their rights and treatment." Hermione smiled. She loved her job dearly.

"And you, Ginny?" Arthur smiled at his daughter, pride and awe resonating on his face.

"Okay so this might be a little different compared to everyone else's jobs..." Ginny trailed off, blushing a little. Everyone perked up in interest, and Harry grinned at his wife proudly.

"I'm a chaser for the holy-head Harpies." Everyone gasped and congratulated her. Fred and George leaped from their seats, yet again, in loud exclamation.

"THAT'S OUR BABY SISTER!"

Ginny laughed, shaking her head at their antics.

"Right well, I hate to have to go and do this but I reckon we should probably round up the kids." Ron sighed, rubbing Hermione's back.

"Yeah. Yeah we need get going." Harry agreed, looking down at the floor.

"Harry." The name fell from Teddy's lips, filled with resignation and sorrow. The young adult was sandwiched in between his parents, and his fianace sat on the floor, leaning against his knees.

"I know. Trust me I know." Harry sighed, looking at his godson apologetically.

Without any notice, Sirius barreled into Harry's side, hugging the him for what would be the last time. Harry let out a little shudder, wrapping his arms around his shoulders. All around him people were hugging each other. Teddy was enveloped between his parents, and Ron and Hermione were taking turns hugging Arthur and Molly.

Ginny wasn't letting her older brother go, the one who she had aged past.

Hermione was tightly hugging Remus, and then Tonks, quiet tears running down her cheeks. Harry found himself at a loss for words, not for the first or last time in his life. He pulled away from his beloved godfather, the scruffy man who'd managed to teach and love him so much in their short time together.

Harry felt overcome with emotion, struggling to keep himself together and not break down.

"Goodbye, Padfoot." He uttered, filling the words with every feeling and every thought Harry couldn't put to words. But Sirius understood, like he always did. He looked slightly up, into his godson's eyes, the famous sea green eyes that were so round and full of kindness, yet tired and slightly worn down as well. He could see the meaning and love in his eyes, and he did his best to return the feeling in his gaze.

"Goodbye, Harry"

They pulled away from each other completely, and Remus stepped in. Harry smiled wistfully at the man, wishing and wanting the impossible. As much as he loved the two men equally, if he could pick one to survive, he'd always choose the retired professor. He always felt inadequate when it came to Teddy.

As if he could sense Harry's thoughts, Remus pulled him in for another soul-crushing hug.

"I can never thank you enough Harry for what you've done for Teddy." He sighed softly in Harry's ear.

Harry chuckled darkly. "For never quite being enough for him? For mourning his parents as much as he does? For being unable to fix it for him?" His heart ached for Teddy, and for the position he had just placed Remus in without meaning to. His baggage of self doubts and concern was a hard load on anyone.

Remus pulled away and looked him forcefully in the eyes. "No one can fill the position of his parents, and no one will be able to fix that, Harry. That is not on your shoulders. I could not be happier with how you raised him, and I love and respect you for that all the more. I only hope that Sirius and I could've filled that role for you, as you have done for Teddy."

Harry, once again choked with emotion, only nodded, and hugged the weary man.

"You have, the both of you, I assure you. And thank you, for everything you've done for me. Goodbye, Moony."

"Goodbye, Harry."

As Harry turned to find Tonks amongst the crowd, Sirius wrapped an arm around Remus' shoulders, sighing at the familiarity of it.

"We did him right, wouldn't you agree, dear Padfoot?" Remus smiled sadly at the grown man's back, finding comfort in the warmth of Sirius' forearm brushing against his collarbones.

"I couldn't have said it better myself, Moony." He replied, a teasing glint in his soft and tired eyes.

A/N-    Wow, okay, very sad. It was funny at first, and then it wasn't.

I love you all. <3