It was the only way

(Previously on Back In Time)

"I'm slowly dying, Kurama and I almost completely depleted our chakra and his isn't coming back. In fact, it's slowly fading away. If I don't get more of Kurama's chakra in the next 48 hours......
I will die....."

(Now on Back in Time)

Minato's POV:

I could tell that everyone was shocked. Hell, even I was shocked!

Me, being the responsible shinobi I am, spoke up.

"Well, not saying that we can't help you, but we are in the middle of a very important mission right now, and it takes three days to get back to the village, even if you were allowed through the front gates you wouldn't survive!"

He nodded sadly but confidently.

"I know, I can run faster with tailed beast mode, but here in the past, they'll attack me for having it. That, and I'd use up even more of Kurama's chakra, we wouldn't even make it. There is one option though, it's dangerous, and I won't be able to talk to you guys until we get to the village. The sooner we do it though, the more likely I'll stay alive."

Obito looked confused. "Well? What is it?"

Naruto looked at him and smiled. He turned and looked at Kashi, nodding once before looking back at me with a sad smile.

Kashi went through a dozen hand signs before stopping on the ram sign.

He whispered something as Sasuke and Sakura looked away from their friend as he closed his eyes.

Kashi took his hands out of the symbol and slammed a chakra coated hand onto the back of his neck...

Killing him

Just as I was about to yell at him, kanji started sprouting from the back of the still-standing Naruto's neck. They wrapped around like a very hungry snake till they covered his entire being.

When they stopped moving, he fell down, I could hear his heartbeat and see him breathing.

All of a sudden, Kashi lifted up his headband revealing a sharingan eye that quickly changed into the mongyku.

"Kamui!" He exclaimed as a vortex grabbed Naruto and sucked him away to Kami knows where.

"What did you just do!!" Obito yelled

Sasuke sighed "He killed him."

Sakura whacked him on the back of the head making him fall to the ground.

"BAKA!! Don't just say something like that and expect them to be fine with it!!"

She looked over at me and smiled.

"Kashi did a forbidden jutsu that you created. You created it to keep shinobi in a 'sleep' state if they had a fatale injury and had a high possibility of dying. Unfortunately, there was a few side effects. The main one was that you had to physically kill the person you were using the jutsu on. The second one is that it only last five days, which is even more important then the first one."

She looked away from me and looked at Kashi, who was staring at his hands with guilt laced in his both of his eyes. At that point, Sasuke went over to Kashi and put his hand on his shoulder. The Sensei snapped out of his daze and looked at Sasuke, only for the younger to shake his head.

Ahh, I understand...

That was the second person close to him he 'killed'...

Sakura looked back and me and continued to talk to me about the side effects of the jutsu.

"There is two more things you need to know, the first is that when this jutsu is in use, it stops everything except the heart, which goes at two beats per minute, and the lungs, which barely move. This is because the person was killed, it also kills any chance of the person worsening any injuries."

I nodded my head in understanding.

Sakura sighed before continuing. "The most important thing is this... when you want to wake the person up, you have to heal all their injuries, including the one that the caster inflicted. If this is not done before they wake up, the subject will not survive. And since Naruto is low on Kurama's chakra, we will need to transfer at least half of the his chakra to Naruto so he can live. If all injuries are not healed before the five days are up, the jutsu will fade and he will die."

I nodded my head in understanding. "Then we better get some rest," I responded. "We're going to need it if we want to get him back on time.

Sasuke nodded his head in agreement. "Let's." He said

We all moved to our sleeping areas as I said "I'll take first watch."

Later that night

TRPS POV:

Obito had something on his mind, anybody could tell. He was tossing and turning in his sleeping bag. The only ones who were awake were him, and his sensei.

Obito eventually got up and went over to Minato so he could talk about what was on his mind.

"Hey Sensei?"

Minato looked at Obito. "What do you need Obito?"

"Well... I wanted to ask you something."

Minato patted the rock beside him and Obito jumped up and sat down. "What is it?" Said the blond.

"I wanted to ask you... why does Kakashi act the way he acts??" Responded the Uchiha.

And so, Minato proceeded to tell him the story of the white fang...

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

I updated!!! Yaaaaaay!!!

Anyways, I've decided the ships!!! No, you cannot know what they are....

BUT!! I will tell you this. There will be a character from the other timeline coming back! You do not need to know who, just that this person was killed in the war!

On another note I'm slightly happier, not by much though... I have been more positive about myself including, the way I look, the things I eat, and..... well... not sleep.........

Anyway!!

I've decided that if anyone can guess my name, I will give them viral hugs!!!

Hint: it starts with an N.

I DON'T OWN NARUTO BY THE WAY!! NEVER HAVE NEVER WILL!!!!!