Chapter 18

"I'd collect all the stars if that's the only thing I'd have to do to see that light in your eyes again"

Lucas🍇

I laughed hysterically with the bottle in my hand. Nothing in particular was funny but you couldnt have told me that. Alcohol made everything funny.

I laughed myself in to tears after thinking about Khaleyahs ringing through my phone. They became heavier and heavier the more I thought about her.

"Why...w-why did I... I do you like dat Lee Lee? I LOVE YOU GIRL!!! I'M...IM SO SORRY LEYAH!! IM SORRY!!"

I cried out baring my soul to the empty space. I cried so loudly that she couldve heard me blocks away. My heart release of pain came loud and strong ending with nothing but sniffles and mumbles.

"Im...so sorry....I love you leyah....." my voice was nearly gone. I threw the bottle up once more rubbing the tears from my face when a pair of hands touched my shoulders lightly causing me to jump.

I was so drunk I fell into the small coffee​ table and broke the bottle on its edge.

Surprise glazed my drunken eyelids seeing her stand in front of me with her hands out stretched. "Come on Lucas give me the bottle." Her voice soft as cotton.

It hit me like a calm breeze making me breathe in deeply and close my eyes. I was so caught up I didn't notice her grab my bottle. I was still trying to figure out if she was real or not.

I had to see for myself though. I reach for her missing completly until she grabbed my hand pulling me up.

"I love you. I love you so much please forgive me. I promise..... I promise I...I...I" my words on repeat as she drug my limp body to the bathroom. I must have been thinking too hard or exerting too much energy cause my world was fading to black.

Is this death? Am I dying.

I questioned reality itself as I slowly slipped away.

Khaleyah💖

I dragged Lucas' long slender body the best I could to the bathroom while he rambled on about love and apologies.

I'd never seen him this toeback before. This wasnt like turnup drunk. This was like kill myself drunk or drown in the problems drunk. In other words a dangerous drunk.

When I walked in he had been screaming at the top of his lungs but now he was reduced to just whispers. Before making it into the bedroom I noticed his body get even heavier and once I tilted his head back he was unconscious

My heart raced and beat against my chest with a force I never knew. I had to wake him up before he coded out on me. I hated him so much for what he did but I never wanted him to die.

I still saw our future together even if it was a little unclear right now. I knew without a shadow of a doubt that he was included in it.

We finally made it to the bathroom and I dropped him a tad bit harder then I wanted to onto the shower floor.

My phone rang just as I was turning the water on. It was Heaven.

"Hey you been gone for a while. Y'all okay?" she asked with a slight sass to her voice. Her and lyric were sure that we were fuckin but they had it all wrong.

I placed the phone on speaker running back to Lucas' side on the floor making sure the water hit his face.

I had to yell across the room to talk loud enough. "Lucas is passed out Heavy. Hes been drinking a lot. Tell everybody to get over here! I need help gettin him up before he codes out and dies!!HURRY UP!!"

Without another word I heard her rounding everybody up to come over here and she hung the phone up. I looked down to an unconscious Lucas.

He was still the finest man I had ever laid eyes on. The beads of water gathered along his thick brown eyelashes while the showerhead aimed at his face. He was peacefully asleep but I had to get him up.

I brushed my hand through his wet clumpy tresses. "Come on Lucas wake up!! Wake up Lucas!!" I practically screamed while smacking his face.

He was limp. I peeled his wet shirt off letting the water run down his body. That's when I saw them.

Lucas had scars along his forearms that looked like they'd healed a while back but I couldnt tell. Tiny cuts and scratches etched into his peanut butter complexion. They were remnants of suicide attempts. Something that I related to all to well.

It was then that I realized that we hurt the same amount just in different ways. Out hearts cried for one another every night and the result was enough pain to end it all.

Tears filled my eyes as I rubbed my fingertips against the raised texture. I cried out hoping an Angel could save us both from our misery and make it the way it was.

While I sat sobbing his eyes flutters being filled with the built up water. He choked and sat up swiftly realizing he wasn't drowning. Once the dizziness steadied his liver rejected all of the alcohol out of his system.

He threw up on the shower floor as it drained down the drain pipe. I rubbed his back watching him heave up the clear liquid. It seemed like a lot just as I had thought.

He finally finished laying against me completely exhausted. We were soaking wet on the shower floor. Him leaning against me. Everything felt like a haze of emotions.

I hated him, but I loved him, but I was hurt, but I was happy he didnt die. My mind was so confused. He reached up rubbing my arm that was draped across his chest.

"Thank you." he simply whispered as we sat being soaked by the waterfall.

I nodded still not satisfied with what I had found. I grabbed his arm turning the wrist side up exposing the previous damage.

"What is this Lucas?" I questioned.

He looked at the mark on himself and simply replied "That was my breaking point."

-----

Hey guys!!

Sooo TaureanQueen came up with an idea of Doing One chap of The Return and I do one chap of her book A Different Cloth and This was the AMAZING Results😄🙌🏾😍

So Credits to her for writing this Chapter, she's amazing isn't she y'all 😩😍

Enjoy☺️😘

God Bless!!🙏🏾😌💙

-Teja👑💖💋✨