The Legend of the Loch Ness Monster

"The Loch Ness monster?" Gwen questioned, "But what about Kelpies?"

Newt blinked, "They're one in the same, but you're asking me, I thought you would've had that answer." He said looking at Gwen's confused face.

Shaking her head Gwen stared at Newt, "I don't know much about kelpies at all, all I know is that they are some sort of water demon."

Nodding in agreement Newt elaborated, "Kelpie's are creatures that resemble horses on land and when in water they're a water serpent. The one in Loch Ness is the largest one known to the wizarding community; favoring its serpent form."

Gwen pursed her lips, "Yeah, that might be problematic."

"Then we might as well head out now." Newt said.

Before Gwen realized what Newt was doing, Gwen was standing on a grassy cliff. With her eyes wide, Gwen nearly fell over at the sudden change in environment.

"Bloody hell!" Gwen cursed as she nearly stumbled off the cliff. "Newt!" she complained.

"Sorry thought you knew." Newt said steadying Gwen on her feet.

Gwen shook her head as she gazed out past the cliff to see the Loch Ness lake. "Whoa!" she said as her eyes widened, "How are you we going to find this Kelpie?"

"Well there is the obvious way." Newt sighed as Gwen turned to give him a quizzical look.

"What do you mean?" Gwen asked.

"I mean one of us could act as bait, pretend to be a weary traveler to draw it out." Newt explained.

"No, there must be another way," Gwen immediately blurted out, "It's too risky."

Newt pulled on Gwen's arm, "Come on, it's the only way to draw the Kelpie out."

"But-"

"Risky is in the job description Gwen, plus I have a dragon friend that might be willing to help." Newt half smiled at her.

Gwen tilted her head as she felt her confidence in this quest diminishing slowly; she couldn't lose her best friend to the water demon. Newt saw Gwen's hesitation as she balked at the plan that he had.

"It's the best plan right now, Gwen." Newt pleaded, "Trust me."

Gwen stared at her friend, "I do trust you, I just don't trust the Kelpie."

"No you shouldn't trust the water spirit." Newt chuckled, "Come on let's get this over with."

Newt led Gwen down to lower ground. Handing over his suitcase to her, Gwen took it hesitantly.

"Are you sure you should do this, I mean maybe I should..." Gwen suggested, but Newt just shook his head.

"I'll do it because just like other magical beasts, the Kelpie might sense that your magic is different than the average witch." Newt explained giving Gwen his long blue coat.

Gwen took the coat, but a flash of green caught her attention as it jumped back onto Newt. "Pickett?" she said shocked. "You were still in that pocket?" Pickett clung to Newt as he stared at Gwen and created a series of confused clicks.

"Come on Pickett." Newt said as he tried prying the Bowtruckle from his hand.

Pickett glanced at Newt blowing him a raspberry.

"Come on Pickett." Newt pleaded, "Unless you want to go in the water with me, you need to let go."

Pickett huffed as he reluctantly let go of Newt, "You can stay with me Pickett." Gwen smiled at the Bowtruckle.