76

C H A P T E R 76

Samantha looked over at the person who pulled her out of the way just in time and came face to face with a pair of familiar green eyes. They were sparkling which was a heavy contrast due to the darkness around them.

They were hidden behind a tent but knew they couldn't be there for too long. Too much was going on around them and they would surely be discovered.

The nearby flashes of light emitting from wands illuminated the person's face which revealed to be Marcus Flint.

Samantha froze. He was the last person she would ever expect to see and chills started to run down her spine. So many emotions then started to fill up inside of her and she just stared up at him, gobsmacked. This was not how she thought the ending of this day would go.

She opened her mouth to speak or at least try but was cut off by Marcus bringing his finger to his lips to silence her. He stared down at her in such a cool and calm way that brought another set of chills.

How was he so calm throughout the mass chaos surrounding them?

Samantha felt like she was about to burst. She wanted so desperately to go out there and fight but here she was, petrified to core by some boy she hasn't seen in almost two years. Two long years that seemed to fly by.

Memories then rushed back to her in an instant and that's when she realized just how fast time was traveling.

Here she was, turning seventeen in a month or two and only having two years left at Hogwarts.

Marcus then took her hand and quickly started leading her to the nearby forest, to get away from the chaos which was drawing closer and closer. She held onto his, surprisingly warm, hand and followed him deeper and deeper through the trees until the sounds of destruction could barely be heard.

He let go of her hand and turned to her.

Samantha saw him fully and Marcus had indeed grown from the last time she saw him.

He had grew a few inches, making him almost a foot taller than her. His jaw had become less rounded and more chiseled and there was some black stubble growing on his jawline. Another thing that changed was that his teeth were less crooked and made his smile more bright and distinct. Those two years really did him some justice. Her eyes widened a bit at her last thought.

"Uhm...hi, M-Marcus," Samantha stuttered after a few minutes of them staring at each other. Her stutter caught her off guard. That was something she didn't expect to happen.

The edges of his lips started to form his usual smirk that almost seemed to be permanently plastered on his face. "Potter."

Silence came over again and Samantha was still shocked from seeing him. Memories started to flood back into her mind. The last memory that came into her mind was when they last saw each other......when he cursed her.

Shock started to fade away and anger was taking over.

Marcus noticed her jaw starting to clench and instantly knew she was now thinking about what happened.

What came next, shocked Marcus.

Samantha grabbed her wand, turned on her heel, and started to walk away in a haste.

'No,' Marcus thought. She couldn't leave. He had to stop her. He thought of the one thing that might make her freeze.

"I didn't curse you."