27

"I'll try to stay as safe as I can, sadly safety isn't a promise for a Jedi." -Natalia Schulter, Jedi Padawan

--

"You can't do this!" Natalia yelled as the droids seized the two. "You'll regret this, Zero!" Padmé yelled, "Oh, I think I'll get very wealthy with this." Zero said before laughing evily. "We should never have gotten involved with those dreaded slugs." Natalia complained as they were thrown into their cell. "I agree." Padmé said.

Suddenly Padmé's comlink started beeping. "Don't touch it, please, whatever you do don't turn it on." Padmé pleaded. "Why not?" Natalia asked. "It's Threepio." Padmé said while sighing. "It could be dangerous, I should check it out." The battle droid said, Natalia grunted as she threw herself against one of the walls as the droid turned it on. "Oh thank goodness you answered, I was getting so nervous... Wait, who are you? You're not misstress Padmé." Threepio said while looking at the curious battle droids.

"Threepio! Get help! We're being held by Zero the Hutt!" Padmé yelled from her cell. "Oh you're in trouble. I knew it, no wait wait." Threepio said just before one of the droids destroyed her transmitter. The droid started coming toward the cell in an angry fashion. "I swear if you touch her all of you will end up a pile of spare parts." Natalia threatened.

"Let's go, the noble Zero the Hutt wants to speak with you two." One of the droids said while unlocking the cell. Padmé and Natalia were both escorted to Zero and thrown in front of him. "I heard you called for help, Senator. I believe you are too dangerous to be kept alive." Zero said. "Killing a Galactic Senator here on Coruscant, are you out of your mind?" Natalia asked while shaking her head.

"You'll also be punished severely for holding a General of the Grand Army of the Republic prisoner." Natalia threatened. "I have powerful friends in the Senate, I'm not afraid or-" Zero started, but was cut off by a small explosion. "Is anybody home?" Threepio asked while walking through the rubble. "Threepio?!" Natalia asked. "What is that?" Zero asked suddenly. Soon a battalion of clones came rushing in, shooting at the droids protecting Zero. "Run for it!" Zero yelled. The droids that were holding Padmé and Natalia were destroyed and they started killing droids.

Natalia's yellow blade sliced through multiple droids before catching up to the slow moving Hutt. "Stop Zero, stop right where you are!" Natalia said, suddenly the Hutt was surrounded by clones, "By the doing of the Galactic Republic, you are under arrest for the act of treason." Natalia said while pointing her yellow blade at the Hutt.

"Mistress Padmé, are you alright? Was I too late?" Threepio asked as he walked toward Padmé. "Threepio, your timing was perfect." Padmé said with a smile. "Oh thank the maker, I'm so relieved." Threepio said. "Should we arrest the Hutt, Senator?" One of the clones asked. "I had no choice, Dooku said he'd kill me if I didn't help kidnap Jabba's son, you have to believe me. I love that Huttlet." Zero said.

"Why you two faced lying little-" Natalia started, but Padmé cut her off. "Oh, I belive you." She said with a smirk. "Contact Jabba right now." Padmé said. "Fine." Zero said, he called Jabba and immediately he answered. "Greetings, I am Senator Padmé Amidala of the Galactic Congress and with me is General Schulter of the Grand Army of the Republic. Today we have discovered a plot set by one of your own, your uncle Zero set up the Separatists to kidnap your son and frame the Jedi for the crime." Padmé said, Natalia turned the view to Zero, to confess his crimes.

"It was Count Dooku!" Zero said, but Jabba wouldn't have it and Padmé and Natalia started talking again. "Zero will be dealt with by the Hutt family, most severely." Jabba's translator droid said. "Perhaps now you can let the Republic use your trade routes and the hostilities will come to an end." Natalia said. "Jabba agrees, a treaty is in order." Jabba's translator droid said. "You will not regret this Jabba." Natalia said.

"The clone armies can move through Jabba's territories." His translator droid said. "Senator Amidala, General Schulter, you have my undying gratitude." Anakin said. "No, Master Skywalker. It is I and the Republic who owe the Jedi thanks." Padmé said. Anakin and Natalia smiled at each other before the transmission ended.

"Jabba would be most appreciative if you brought Count Dooku to justice for his crimes against the Hutt's." Jabba's translator droid said. "You can count on it Jabba." Anakin said.

Soon both Anakin and Ahsoka were back at the rendezvous point, waiting for Obi-Wan and Yoda. Their shuttle landed on the ground right in front of them, Yoda looked at them proudly, as did Obi-Wan.

Natalia appeared around the corner, she looked tired and beaten. She saw Anakin and smiled. He did a great thing for the Republic. Anakin started walking up to Natalia, then he broke into a sprint and hugged her tightly. "Natalia if it wasn't for you and Senator Amidala, Ahsoka and I would be dead right now. Thank you for everything Natalia." Anakin said. She smiled weakly at him, she was sad that he had to let her go.

"I missed you, Ani. I haven't seen you for quite a while." Natalia said, Anakin held her broken hand, "You better get this looked at, it looks worst than before." He said, Natalia nodded. "I guess I can take a bit of a break now." Natalia said while laughing. "I guess so." Anakin said. "I'll see you around. I have to train Ahsoka for a bit." Anakin said.

Natalia watched him leave until she saw some very familiar clone armor in front of her. "Rex!" Natalia yelled as she ran up to him, she hugged him tightly, for the first time Rex hugged her back, "I thought something had happened to you. I thought you died." Natalia said through her tears. "Of course not. Ol Rex never dies, I'm just glad you're okay, this is the first battle of a very long war." Rex said, Natalia nodded and released Rex from her hug.

"I'll see you around, Natalia. Go get that hand checked out, it's really bothering me. If you don't get it checked out I'll drag you to the medical wing." Rex said, just about to walk away. "Wait!" Natalia said. Rex turned around, "What?" He asked. "I'll see ya later." Natalia said as she knocked on Rex's helmet. Rex sighed.

"It's just like old times, Captain."