28

"Be patient and wait your turn for your chance of redemption." -Natalia Schulter, Jedi Master

--

"When am I getting a Padawan, Anakin? It's not fair you got one, I've even applied for one." Natalia said while sighing. "I'm sure you'll get one. Speaking of Padawans, where the heck is mine?" Anakin asked. "See, I'm much more responsible than you. But no, you got the Padawan first." Natalia said while sighing.

"General, from all of the trouble Commander Tano has caused, I'm pretty sure it's best if you didn't have a Padawan." Rex said, "By the way, General, how's your new hand?" Rex asked. "New hand?" Anakin asked.

"Oh, I guess I forgot to tell you Anakin." Natalia said as she took off her glove to reveal a metal hand. "The surgeons said they couldn't save it since I didn't go early enough, apparently there was too much bone damage. So they had to take it off and get me a new one, now we're twins." Natalia said while laughing. Anakin laughed with her.

"Except yours is the right hand, mines the left hand." Natalia said. "Lemme see." Rex said while grabbing her hand and bending fingers and moving it around. "Damn, that's pretty cool." Rex said, Natalia nodded.

"Good news, Natalia." Obi-Wan said, "The trials are today, and they want you there to choose your Padawan." Obi-Wan said. Natalia sighed in relief, "Finally. I want to train a Youngling so bad." Natalia said. "I admit I miss having a Padawan, maybe one day I'll get another one." Obi-Wan said, Natalia smiled at him, "I got to go, old Master. I'll be back with my new Padawan." Natalia said. "I hope this new Padawan won't be as much of a pain as General Skywalker's." Rex said. "Hey! Commander Tano is a good Padawan, she's better than you." Anakin said. Rex sighed and walked away, "Good going, Anakin. I think you hurt Captain Rex's feelings." Obi-Wan said while laughing. 

Meanwhile, Natalia had run to the Council room, where the Younglings were preparing for their trials. "Ah, General Schulter, it was nice of you to join us." Mace Windu said, "Thank you, Master. I am prepared to choose a Padawan." Natalia said, "Prepared we think you are. The right time to choose your Padawan it is." Yoda said, Natalia smiled and looked at the Younglings. She saw a young boy, he looked fierce and ready to fight. "Drawn to one, are you?" Yoda asked, Natalia nodded. "The Force works in interesting ways, nothing happens by accident. And I think young Caleb Dume may be the right Padawan for you." Mace said. "Okay, Younglings. Let's start." Mace said.

The trials looked hard, it was hours of Force training, combat training, and other things. Soon the trials were over, and it was time for the Knights to pick their Padawans. Automatically Natalia went over to Caleb, he had done an exceptional job in the trials. "Okay, have you all chosen your Padawans. Now you can put their Padawan braid in." Mace said. Natalia crouched down and braided Caleb's hair, "What's your name, Master?" Caleb asked. "My name's Natalia Schulter." Natalia said while smiling.

Soon Natalia finished braiding Caleb's hair and stood up, "Now you may go with your Padawan's." Mace said. "Ready for training they are." Yoda continued. Natalia smiled and took her Padawan out of the room and headed over to the hangar. "Where to now, Master?" Caleb asked. "I want you to meet some friends of mine, I think you'll like them." Natalia said. "Wow, I can't believe I'm being trained by the infamous General Schulter, the one who killed the Sith when she was nine, the one who saved General Skywalker and his Padawan from certain doom. Wow! I'm excited about training!" Caleb said excitedly.

"Okay, we're here." Natalia said as the two walked into the hangar, there Rex, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka were gathered together and talking. "Skywalker! Meet my new Padawan!" Natalia said. Anakin stood up and saw Caleb, Natalia sensed he was about to faint. "He's pretty small." Anakin said while cocking an eyebrow, "Anakin!" Natalia said while hitting his chest. "Pay no attention to Skywalker, he's a bit of a jerk." Natalia said while laughing. "Hello, Commander. Welcome to the 501st Legion." Rex said. Anakin smiled at the young boy as Ahsoka walked up to him. "Hey, Caleb. I see you're a Padawan now too." Ahsoka said while walking away with him.

"I didn't get to meet him." Obi-Wan said. "Don't worry, you'll meet him soon." Natalia said. "I hope so, I did train you after all." Obi-Wan said before walking away.

"General Schulter, may I ask you to come with me to inspect an outpost on the outer rim?" Rex asked, Natalia nodded. "Looks like we're going on an inspection mission, trust me Caleb. These are real boring." Natalia said as they got to their shuttle.

"I haven't been able to contact the clones. They're not answering so that's why we're going early." Rex  said. "That never sounds good." Natalia said as she rubbed her chin. "I hope there's no trouble, I've heard these clones have problems sometimes." Natalia said. "Yeah, they usually do." Rex said. "Look, there's Commander Cody." Caleb said as another clone walked up to them. "General." He said stiffly as he came to attention, "At ease Commander." Natalia said. "Come on, Captain. We can't keep them waiting." Cody said as he walked on the shuttle. "I'll contact the clones to let them know we're coming." Natalia said, Caleb followed closely behind her. 

"Rishi outpost, come in." Natalia said from the back of the shuttle. "Rishi outpost come in!" She repeated herself, finally a clone showed up. "Sorry, General. We're experiencing technical difficulties." The clone said. "This is the inspection team." Cody said. "Inspection? Negative, negative. We do not require an inspection. Everything is fine here. Thank you." The clone said, Natalia gave the clone an odd look, "Since when can he decide whether or not he needs an inspection?" Natalia whispered. "We'll be the judge of that, prepare for our arrival." Natalia said. "Roger roger." The clone said from the other end. 

"Something's not right here." Rex said darkly. "Well good luck, they put you in charge of this one." Cody said while smirking. The shuttle neared the rocky moon as Cody and Rex prepared their weapons. "Why do you need your weapons, Captain?" Caleb asked. "Just in case, Commander." Rex said. "In case of what, Master?" Caleb whispered.

"In case there's an invasion."