Chapter 5

Rose...Rose...Rose.

I feel like I am drowning. It's calm and dark. I feel so peaceful. But a voice in my head is calling out to me. Like a prayer someone chanting my name. The voice is calling to me, begging me to follow it.

"Am I dead." I find myself whispering to the oblivion.
"No you are alive. Open your eyes Rose."

I like this voice. I know this voice.

I struggle to grasp the beam of light I see in my darkness. I reach for it, until I am consumed by a blinding light and slowly it all comes back to me. The light, the pain, and Arakh.

I blink few times as slowly the blackness fades to light and i find my vision. once the blurriness is gone, my eyes collide with Arakh's fiery ones.

I am lying in his arms. His face inches away from mine, I stay still, afraid to even breath.My searching eyes notice a tiny freckle on his left cheek along his jaw. Almost nonexistent from afar but so close, I can see it.

"You are beautiful." I pant out. He chuckles and lifts me up, so that I am in a sitting position with my back resting against the couch.

I blink my eyes few times and look around the room and then back at him. His wings are gone.

"Your wings.. And the light.. You were in pain" I rasp out. As my throat feels like it's filled with sand.

"I am in no harm. I am sorry for hurting you though." He apologizes, braking eye contact.

"Yeah what the hell was that all about.... One minute you are there with a sexy smile and the next minute your wings poof out and.. you are in pain...I get an electric shock for touching you and the whole freaking room is bright like a thousand stadium lights were on in here... Oh and not to mention that the blinding light was coming out of your wings, and you were screaming and-" I cut my rant off as I start coughing.

My throat suddenly closes in and I grapple for air. Arakh's eyes go wide and he rushes to the kitchen. A minute later he brings me water. I drink it greedily and find myself able to breath again.

I am panting and Arakh is freaking at my reaction.

"I am really sorry, please forgive me for causing you harm." He pleads.

I take a deep breath. He is going to be the death of me. I shake my head and pull myself up to sit on the couch.

"Its okay I am fine...Just...um... what happened here?" I drawled.

Arakh sits next to me, his eyes examining me to see if I am okay. He slouches as he begins to speak.

"I was subconsciously trying to hide my divinity and I finally succeeded." He confessed. "But I forgot that it hurts. I have never had to hide it before." He gives me an guilty look.

I nod at him to continue.

"It only hurts the first time though. From now on I can call upon my divinity and hide them at my will. The light that you saw was my divine grace and when you touched me my grace burned you which is why you were unconscious." He explained.

I nod my head absentmindedly, not really sure if I understand the full meaning of having an angel besides me in my house. What was I thinking.
"You will not be hurt again I assure you." He promised.

A part of me believed him, trusted him and wasn't ready to leave him and I still don't know why.

I have about a gazillion of questions running in my head but my body is too tired to find the will to deal with them right now.

He gives me an earnest look as i make up my mind.
I simply get up and ask him to follow me as I make my why towards the basement.

********

I pick up the paint brushes from the floor. The whole place is loitering with art items. I have never been good in art but it always brought me peace when i am playing around with colors.

I move towards the divan in the corner, where i sometimes fall asleep after hours of painting. I sit down and gesture for Arakh to do the same. I see him looking around the space. It was a basement, but mom and dad had turned into a art studio for me. it was my get away place, my save heaven with a lock and key.

"Are you a fallen Angel?" I blurt out the first question that pops in my mind.

He looks uncomfortable hearing that but I patiently wait for him to speak. He just shakes his head no.

"Huh! But you fell, so aren't all fallen angels called..fallen angels?" I muse.

That made no sense but hearing it he laughed. Actually laughed and it was beautiful. His laugh was heavy and melodic. The kind of laugh you want to hear again and again and I do want to hear it again. It looks good on him too.

I turn away shyly before he can see me as I am sure there is a ridiculous smile plastered on my face and am probably even red.

"I have fallen yes, but I am still everything that I was before. The only thing that is different is that I have broken a seal when I fell and now I have to live by humanity." He informed.

"Ummm... Okay. Oh what's it like up there?" I chirp out.

"It's just like earth I reckon, only we don't have food, cloth, feelings, or anything mundane." He admitted.

"And what about girls? Are there female angels?" I added.

"Yes we do have females." He affirmed.

I make a face at that. Bet they must be beautiful and naked. Do they....

"How are angels born?" I ask with curiosity.

"We are not born like humans. We are made from the God's grace." He answered.

"wait so angels don't... do it up there?" I ask, baffled by the idea of someone getting born from a light.

"Do what?" He asked with utter confusion.

Oh my! Could he really be that innocent? He could be, he is an angel after all. I wonder....

"You said you don't feel emotions, what kind of emotions?" I inquired.

He shifted in his place and looked uncomfortable. He gives a nervous laugh before replying,"all of them. Every emotion that forms humanity is never felt by us." He spoke so softly.

"How the-" I break into a yawn, feeling tired.

"You must rest, I have brought you enough discomfort." Arakh takes my hand and pulls me up.

"But I still have so many questions." I complain.

"And I shall answer them, latter." He promised.

"Okay... Um.. you will stay here then..." I turn to leave and pause.
"wait...I forgot to ask the most important question..why did you fell?" I ask.

He simply went back to the divan and lay before replying,"I shall answer your questions latter, once you are rested."

I stare at him.

I was tired and he was clearly not going to say anything more, so I make my way to my room. And fall head first in bed. Not caring about changing my clothes.It has been a long night and sleep comes almost instantly.

I feel like there is a shadow by the window watching me but when i blink it is gone. So I close my tired eyes and fall into a deep slumber.

__________________________________________________________

So any idea as to who or what that was? just an imagination of a tired mind or something else?

Hit me guys with your opinion.

And don't forget to vote...this star is starting to feel lonely, please show it some affection <3