Chapter 17 ~ Knowledge

Penny’s P.O.V

I paced in my office thinking about Jay and Cameron; they were taken from right under my nose, in my territory. I knew I should’ve gone with Alpha Sage and the other wolves to help.

If I’d gone then maybe, just maybe Jay and Cameron would be safe and here with the rest of us, I thought to myself. Ever since the note had been recovered from the open space where we believe they were taken from everyone has been on high alert.

I shivered just thinking about what the note read;

Dear Alphas,

I apologise for having taken Jay away from you but it was necessary. You see if Jay was to stay with you the war that is fast approaching would put us rouges at a disadvantage, and so to stop that from happening we have taken Jay. Where she’ll remain with us until this is all over.

I shivered again just thinking about it. Thinking that I was cold Leon wrapped me in his arms stopping me from pacing. I was even more confused as to why Cameron had been taken along with Jay. The note hadn’t given any answers but more questions.

We have also got her mate Cameron here with us to keep her company so you don’t need to worry about her being alone. I am extremely pleased that I have also managed to bag the person that will help her to use her powers to the max. When the war is over I may release them back into your care, but then I may not. I could kill them to ensure our victory remains intact.

~ S

The note just didn’t make any sense! Well the second part didn’t. What did ‘S’ mean by Cameron being the person to help Jay use her powers? I could understand why he was the person as he is her mate after all, but how can he help her? I believe it was time to do some research.

I wiggled out of Leon’s embrace and turned to face the Alphas, their mates, the triplets and the beta from Cameron’s pack, I think his name is Adam.

“We need to sort out a plan.” I announced. At the sound of my voice everyone in the room perked up. “We need to figure out this note and what ‘S’ is talking about.” I looked over their faces. The Alphas and their mates all shared the same facial expression, one of concern and concentration; the triplets just looked devastated missing their friend, partner in crime, sister and Adam just looked stressed out. He’s had to take over temporary command of the pack as his Alpha is missing and by the looks of things he is barely coping. I don’t think he is used to having so much responsibility.

“What are you suggesting Penny?” Alpha Sage asked.

“We need to have two different teams. One team to do some research on what the note revealed and another team to try and track down Jay and Cameron and of course to come up with an attack plan.”

Everyone was silent as they absorbed my words.

“I would like to be a part of the attack team.” Alpha Sage said with determination in his voice, the other male Alphas agreed along with the triplets and Adam.

“I can do the research on the note.” Luna Holly smiled at me getting up from her chair and heading towards the door that leads to the library.

“We can help you.” The other Luna’s agreed and quickly followed after her.

I turned to face Leon who was smiling down at me. “What team are you going to be a part of?”

“I will do whatever you want me to do as long as I’m with you,” he said kissing my forehead. I blushed.

“I was thinking that I will be in both. That way I can keep an eye on everyone and relay information between the two teams.”

“Then I will – “Leon was cut off by Jake shouting “Jay!” Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked up at him startled.