Chapter 6

Shadow's ears were bent down as he tried to explain what happened, but Sonic quickly intervened, grabbing Shadow's phone. "Hey, Rouge! Sorry about the damage, but hey, Shadow's protected!"

"Sonic." Rouge lowered her tone dangerously. "Explain."

Sonic put on a nervous grin that he knew Rouge couldn't see. "W-Well, Heolstor came back, and while trying to protect him, like you told me to, the room kinda got damaged...."

Rouge sighed on the other end. "As long as Shadow is safe...."

"He is very safe." Sonic assured.

"Alright, I guess that's fine." Rouge said.

Sonic smiled and winked to the worried hedgehog beside him reassuringly. "Great. Oh, by the way, is Knuckles there?"

"No, he went back to his precious emerald after we went researching some things. Why do you ask?"

"We need to ask him some things." He heard shuffling on the other end, and he couldn't help but wonder what she was doing.

"I'll call you later, Blue. Something just came up." Rouge said. "Keep watching Shadow for me, 'kay?"

Sonic nodded. "Of course. See you later, Rouge!" Then, she hung up. He looked to the others with a smile. "That went well."

"Yeah, but we should hurry to Angel Island before Heolstor shows up again." Tails suggested.

The other two nodded, and the three set out to Tails's back-up plane, for his normal one was left on the island after Heolstor blew them into the ocean. Making sure the two hedgehogs were gripping onto the plane's wings before flying out to where the island usually floated.

Sure enough, Tails spotted the echidna sitting at the alter, seemingly reading through some old book. He circled the island before landing in the only clearing that was on the island, besides the section with the alter. Shadow was the first to jump off, not liking heights due to his experience of falling, twice, from space to Earth. Sonic got off soon after him, Tails turning off his plane and safely getting out. Knuckles noticed them in an instant, his head tilting to the side in slight curiosity. He closed his book, setting it down gently, as if it would crumble up into dust if he was rough. It probably would. Sonic stopped at the end of the alter, watching as Knuckles made his way down carefully. He always looked as if he was a king walking down those steps, and it almost made Sonic chuckle as the clouds suddenly cleared away to have the sun shine down on him.

"What are you three doing here?" He asked once he made it to the third step.

Tails, who had to cover his eyes because of the sudden brightness of the sun, told Knuckles of the information they needed. "We need to know where Farah could possibly be."

Knuckles looked down. "I don't know.... Farah could be anywhere; she loved Earth. I would think that she'd be searching for Mahkah somewhere in the world."

'She could be searching for me....' Sonic felt himself swoon a bit, his mind filled with thoughts of when he'd find his sweet Farah.

"Well that doesn't help." Tails sighed. "She could be anywhere."

"Well, she is the spirit of happiness, so maybe around any one or anywhere that happiness spreads."

The group looked to Sonic, and he started to sweat. "What're ya looking at me for?"

"You always seem to spread happiness, Sonic." Tails clarified.

"But I'm not Farah." The hedgehog said.

"That you know of." Knuckles nodded.

"If we're going by that logic, anyone could be Farah, but not know it. Heck, even Shadow could." Sonic seemed to blush slightly at the mention of Shadow as Farah. 'But Shadow couldn't be... right? He's nothing like Farah.... But why do I feel weird at the mention of it?'

Shadow glared at his rival. "Don't bring me more into this mess than I already am."

'He does have those dreams in the position of Farah... and his voice when he screamed....'

"By the way, Shadow, I need to ask you some questions about those dreams."

'And Farah is suppose to be resurrected the same way Shadow was created....'

"I don't need to tell you anything. Besides, I can hardly even make sense of them."

'No! Shadow couldn't be Farah! She always wanted everybody to be happy....'

"That's because you don't know about any of this. You haven't studied this religion like I have."

'Why is Heolstor going after him though? How is Shadow so important to my past?'

"I just want to help you, Shadow-"

"I don't need help!"

'Why does this have to be so confusing.... Why can't I just reunite with my beloved Farah?'

"There are things going on that you do not understand, Shadow!"

"I'll figure it out myself!"

'They're yelling.... I-I don't know what to do.... They're fighting.... I have to stop them.... I don't know what to do.... I don't know what to do....'

"You can't! These dreams aren't explainable unless you let people help you!"

"Guys, please stop fighting!"

'Oh no, now Tails is getting into it.... I've gotta do something.'

When Sonic opened up his eyes (he just realized they were closed), he saw his two rivals/friends in fighting stances and Tails worriedly looking to him. Before they could lunge, he stepped between them, his arms outstretched to each side. "Guys calm down!"

He turned to Shadow, his emerald eyes daring to look into the fire of the other's. "Shadow, you're whole 'emo loner' thing is cool to some, but you have to realize that you need help in stuff like this. Especially since you don't really know what's going on."

"Some cliche love story is what's going on...." Shadow mumbled under his breath.

Sonic, not hearing what Shadow said, turned to Knuckles. "And ya can't force someone to do something they don't want to, Knux. I know you wanna help, but that isn't the way to do it."

Knuckles just crossed his arms as Sonic continued. "We are here to stop Heolstor, not fight each other. So let's put aside our differences and find Farah!"

As Sonic struck his hero pose, Tails and Knuckles burst out laughing. Sonic was still the same cheesy hedgehog he's always been, despite the way he's been acting lately. Sonic just had a wide grin on his peach muzzle; he loved to hear laughter, especially when it's his friends. Laughter always reminded him of his beloved, so he always tried to make people laugh whenever he could.

His ears twitch, though, as a snicker was heard from the other hedgehog, but it sounded weird.... It sounded sort of feminine.... It sounded like hers.... Sonic just stared at Shadow, mind going as fast as his own speed. Shadow noticed his staring, and glared at him, blood red eyes tearing into his own. The two were then locked in some sort of staring contest, Shadow's glare of annoyance and slight insecurity versus Sonic's stare of bewilderment. Tails and Knuckles could almost feel the tense atmosphere in their gloved hands, and were greatly confused.

'Why does he sound like her? A-Am I just imagining it? Maybe not being around her is making me crazy.... C'mon, Mahkah! Snap outta it!' Sonic pondered, not glancing away.

"Uh, guys?" Knuckles asked and the two turned to him. He smiled awkwardly as the tension was brought closer to him.

"How about we go out to search for Farah!" Tails suggested quickly.

Silence hung in the air a bit before Sonic smiled and gave him his famous thumbs up. "Great idea, Tails!"

And with that, the four headed off, but little did they know that a creature with reptilian green eyes was watching them from afar....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY PEOPLE WHO READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!