Chapter 8

"Hey lilac could you help me set the table," my grandma called.

"Sure," I replied as I got off of the couch.

I grabbed the plates and set them out at each space. Next I wrapped the utensils inside of the napkins and set them out next to the plates.

"Thank you," my grandma said as she came up behind me and patted my back.

"Your welcome grandma," I said as I looked at her with a smile.

DING DONG

"Coming!" I yelled from the kitchen as I swiftly made my way to the front door.

I opened the door to see Braden, Cindy, Lexi, Sam, Annie, and baby Mathew standing at the door.

"Hi! Come on in," I said as I opened the door just enough for them to get through.

"Thanks for having us," Cindy said as she took her shoes off.

"Your very welcome," I said as I hugged her.

"My grandma is in the kitchen," I said as I pointed my thumb towards the kitchen.

"Okay well I'm going to go say hi," she said already walking to the kitchen.

"Okay," I said giving her a small smile.

"Okay we Have toys downstairs, coloring books and colored pencils up here, and we have cartoons on if you wanna watch tv," I explained to the kids.

They nodded in response and went to separate spots.

"Hey," I heard Braden say from behind me.

"Hey Braden," I said smiling at him.

"You look great," he said looking up and down at me.

"Thank you! You don't look to bad yourself there," I replied back.

We stood in awkward silence until we heard my grandma say that the food was ready.

We walked into the dining room and sat down. It went me, Braden, Cindy, my grandma, Lexi, Sam, Annie, and then Matthew who was to my left.

"Lets pray before we eat," I said before anyone could get their food.

"Okay! Who wants to start?" my grandma asked us.

"I'll start," I heard Braden say from my right.

"Okay!" She said with excitement.

"Come lord Jesus be our guest and let these gifts be blessed for us, give thanks to the lord and be free forever,AMEN," we all said. (Couldn't remember all words but)

"Okay, dig in," my grandma said after the praying.

We all grabbed some spaghetti, chicken, corn, cheesy potatoes, and green bean casserole.

"Yummm!" We said as we dug in.

"So lilac have you decided where to go to school yet," Cindy asked.

"I haven't decided but I am stuck between west wood high and north branch high," I said as I tried not to sound annoyed.

"Those are two of the best schools, but I have to say personally I really would pick west wood high," she said to me as I ate my corn.

"I think I might go there," I said considering the idea.

"I think if you went to north branch high if I remember correctly you have to have 4 years of playing sports either in school or out of school," she explained to me.