Babying the Baby

Lana's POV
It's about 6 in the morning I am exhausted. I got out of bed leaving Maddie to sleep a while ago, her head is still hot. I can already tell this day is going to be a long one. I still need to call the orphanage about who this Charlotte is too. Right now though I'm hoping Maddie sleeps in for a while though so she isn't that cranky until nap time. I am broken out of my thoughts Maddie crying, great so looks like I jinxed myself.

I got upstairs to Maddie's room to find her sitting up crying in her bed. Thank god she had no puke on herself!
Me: "Maddie what's wrong?"
I walked over and sat beside her on the bed.
Maddie: "Tummy!"
Me: "Your tummy still hurts?"
She nodded her head
Me: "Come on honey let's get you some more medicine."
I got up and started to walk towards the door, Maddie wasn't following me. She was still sitting on her bed and she was making grabby hands at me for me to pick her up. I walked back over and picked her up and she snuggled her head into my chest. She's so cute! I got downstairs and set Maddie on the counter and got out the medicine. I turned around to find her cupping her hands over her mouth, oh great.
Me: "Maddie you need to drink the medicine so your tummy will feel better."
She shook her head and glared at me. Here comes sassy Maddie...
Me: "Now Maddie."
She just looked at me. I sighed, it's too early for this. Then I had an idea! I will put the medicine in her pink cup so she thinks it's juice  I know I know, I'm mean but she's gotta take the medicine.
Me: "Ok then let's eat some breaky!"
I picked her up and strapped her into her booster seat.
Me: "I will get you some juice okay?"
I turned my back to her making sure she can't see what I'm doing and I put the medicine in her sippy cup.
Me: "Here honey."
She grabbed it and drank it, when she swallowed her face immediately scrunched up. Then she threw her cup across the room and started to cry. I know I made her mad and I do feel guilty but I want her to get better and to do that she has to drink the medicine. I picked her up and bounced her on my hip. She fought me a bit because she was mad at me but she gave up and wrapped her arms around me so I was now straddling her.
Me: "Ok now let's eat."
I went back over to her seat and tried to put her down but she whined and gripped my shirt.
Me: "Maddie what's wrong?"
Maddie: "Nooo!"
Me: "You have to eat."
She shook her head and gripped me harder. Whatever she eat on the couch with me.
Me: "Fine but only cause you're sick."
I grabbed her plate of pancakes and walked to couch, still carrying her. I sat down and placed her in my lap.
Me: "Here grab your fork and eat okay?"
She shook her head and pushed the fork away.
Me: "Want me to feed you? Cause you have to eat ether way."
She nodded her head slowly and I started to feed her. She's like me when I'm sick I want people to Baby me. When I was done feeding her the pancake I picked her up and brought the plate to the kitchen.
Me: "What do you want to do, sleep or tv?"
She rested her head on my shoulder so Im guessing that means sleep. I walked upstairs and placed her on the bed. She started to whine and was reaching out for me.
Me: "One sec okay I'm getting another blanket."
She still cried and I came back and laid in the bed beside her. She crawled on top of me and rested her head on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her.
Me: "I love you baby."
Maddie: "I love you too mommy."
I jaw dropped, she just called me her mommy and said she loves me! I'm so happy right now. I squeezed my arms a little tighter around her and she fell asleep.