Chapter One

(Note: This is part of a series, read I Kissed A Boy first!)

Chapter One (Lucas' POV)

I don't like being touched. I don't like talking. I don't like people. I don't like anything.

I made it obvious everywhere I went and people took notice right away. They left me alone to do what I was there to do and pretended I didn't exist. That was perfectly fine with me because that's the way I treated most people in return.

Treat people the way you want to be treated, someone once told me.

I couldn't remember if it was my biological mother who told me, or the other three mothers who told me, or maybe. It was one of my fathers that I currently had. Talk about weird, right? I had been sitting in the office at the adoption agency, kicking back and waiting for my new adoptive parents. I wasn't told anything about them nor did I know who they were. We had tons of people come in and look at the children from afar, some of them never once coming up to us and just picking us off the rack like it was Wal-Mart.

The best part? The adoption agency had a return policy. I knew that for a fact seeing as I'd been dumped on the steps of the same place three times before.

It didn't bother me. I knew it was coming by the second time. The first time, I was surprised. I went through everything I'd done in my head. I didn't do anything wrong. I did what they said and never asked for anything. Yea, I didn't let them touch me nor did I talk too much, but I thought that was an okay thing with parents.

Apparently not. The second time, everyone in the family acted weird around me. Two older boys and a younger girl. One of the older boys was adopted too, but even he ignored me. I just acted normally, never spoke to anyone, never touched anyone, never asked for anything. And yet, they still got rid of me.

The third time, they didn't even keep me for more than three months and it was no surprise when they brought me back. The best part was that the return policy let them pick up a new, not disfunctional child.

See what I mean? Wal-Mart's adoption agency. They should call it Kids-Mart.

The fourth time, I had to hide my surprise at seeing two guys come in to adopt me. The older one with dark hair and green-blue eyes smiled at me. He looked happy to see me, but then again, so did everyone, so I just stared at him. The other one was just a bit smaller with caramel-hair and really blue eyes, far bluer than mine. He looked a little nervous to meet me, which didn't surprise me at all.

They took me home and probably realized they're mistake by the end of the first month.

They tried getting me to talk, but I saw no reason. I could easily just shake my head or nod or shrug as a response. And just like the other families, they were getting impatient and frustrated. However, unlike the other families, they kept buying me things.

It's probably why we were evicted from our house in California and had to live with their brothers, Rick and Devin, who lived in the next state over. They had three adopted children, Oliver, Anya, and Molly. They were like some stereotypial happy family and it actually made my stomach churn because I know they didn't want me there.

Even after we ended up living with my uncles- so weird calling them that- they still bought me stuff to try and get me to talk or spend time with them.

They bought me a laptop, a flat screen with a Blu-ray player and stereosystem, video game consoles and the games to go with them, a canopy bed, tons of clothes, books.

What the hell was wrong with these freaks?

I'd heard them talking before, about how frustrating it was that I didn't want them as much as they wanted me. I never said I didn't want them. I just wasn't about to get attached to people who were going to get rid of me.