Chapter 18: "Stalker"

"How many more?" I asked as Sydney signed the sheet, letting the delivery boy in, who entered with two huge bouquet of flowers. Since the dining table and coffee table were already full of bouquets, I instructed the delivery boy to keep them on the floor.

The place seemed like a flower boutique, with arrays of bouquets everywhere. This time five more bouquets joined the other seventeen ones. "He won't give up, won't he?" Sydney asked plopping herself on the couch.

"Nope. I don't think so," I said sighing.

"You should just forgive him," she quipped, jerking up suddenly having an idea,

"Or makeup sex. Those are the best!"

I rolled my eyes at her, "I can't possibly think about that when I am pissed at him," I lied knowing very well that I didn't needed an excuse to think about having sex with him. Images of him between my legs, making me come in many ways clouded my mind.

"The unfocused look in your eyes is telling me you are thinking about that Mel," I blushed at her comment and she laughed at me.

I threw a cushion at her, she dodged it laughing harder.

"Surprisingly these are all your favourite flowers," Sydney commented looking at the bouquets of tulips and hydrangeas.

"I wonder how did he know that," I said observing the flowers.

"Looks like your boss stalked you on Facebook," she said handing me her phone to show me a photo where I was posing with purple hydrangeas and tulips in my hand with the caption "My favourite" written underneath it. This picture was taken during a field trip we had last semester to the flower factory.

I was a bit overwhelmed by it, totally moved by the gesture but I was standing my ground firmly. He didn't even apologize for the atrocious behaviour of his stepmother and for leaving me alone on the island.

I decided to go back to work next day in hope to avoid Asher as much as possible. I tried to avoid the surreptitious looks from my co-workers, seems like word of Asher's mother insulting me spread around the office like wildfire. His mother can go to hell!

During lunch Dylan was really nice to me. I am pretty sure he knew about the incident but not once did he prod me about it unlike some workers who came up to me and had the audacity to confirm the rumour. I tried my best to avoid them.

"I am sorry for what happened yesterday. Mr. Jones's mother seems like a crooked lady," he said.

I laughed at his comment. "Crooked? Haha more like a bitch." I commented taking a bite out of my burger.

"Tone it down Mel... If someone heard you, you might get fired."

"I don't give a fuck honestly," I shrugged.

As far as I remember Asher didn't even seemed to like his stepmother all that much. I now knew why but sadly he still took her side.

After lunch Mr. Brandon instructed me to go inside Asher's room. I really didn't wanted to face him but unfortunately they were my boss's orders.

"Come in Armelle," the way my name slowly rolled of his tongue, made me clench my thighs. Damn you Armelle Vista.

"Sit down."

I complied without uttering a word, looking disinterested. His piercing green eyes were on me, I felt rather aroused under his stare but I tried not to show. My eyes zeroed on his big hands, how they would pull on my hair whenever he would kiss me, every time it felt like he made love to my mouth. His moss green eyes complemented the coral blue suit he was wearing, along with matching tie and shirt.