Pilot [S1: E1]

After Sam graduates high school, she and Megan move to Columbia, Missouri at the end of June for Megan to further her education at Mizzou state university.

This series of shorts take place one year later...

| August 18 | Friday |

The sound of the alarm forced me to roll over on my stomach. I reached over to the nightstand for the third time this morning in a desperate attempt to hit the snooze button. I groaned as my tired hand touched and hit the phone, causing it to fall off the stand. Great. Just great.

I leaned over the edge of the bed and blindly searched for the phone now ringing from the floor. When I found it and brought it back up I was even more exhausted than before.

Just a few more minutes, I told myself.

Then I hit the snooze one more time.

That's when the bedroom lights flickered on. A weight sat heavy on my stomach. Before I could open my eyes Megan started to tickle me.

"You've snoozed three times," she claimed. "It's time to get up."

I twisted in horror as Megan's body pinned me down and her hands tortured my sides.

"I'm up! I'm up!" I gasped. "Stop tickling me!"

"What's the magic word?" she teased.

I writhed under her but could find no escape.

"Please!" I begged.

"Nope."

"Pretty please!"

"Try again."

"Megan," I hissed through stifled laughs.

"Oh now really, Sam. My name would be too easy," she answered with a laugh.

"I love you!" I shouted.

"I guess that's good enough."

Her hands released me but she remained sitting on my stomach. I glared at her and crossed my arms. She leaned down and planted a kiss on my lips so I would immediately forget why I was mad in the first place.

"Good morning," she said.

"Morning."

"How'd you sleep?"

"Not enough."

She rolled her eyes. "You always say that."

"Because it's true."

She climbed off of me and pulled me up so I could follow her to the kitchen.

"I made your coffee since you were being lazy," Megan teased.

I walked up behind her. My hands roamed around her waist as I brought my lips close to her ear. The smell of her freshly washed hair made me smile.