Prologue

Friday morning, how could I forget? It was six in the morning, a big yellow school bus passed by my car, stopping only a house down of my own as its taillights blinked repeatedly, a group of four children slowly making their way into the vehicle. I had gently placed one of my favorite blue backpacks on the back of my car, unconsciously reaching to play with my hair with shaky hands. The sun was bright, but the thick morning air gave me chills making me wonder if I should stick to what I was wearing or to simply change into something warmer.

I looked down at my pale ripped jeans and stripped t-shirt, shrugging before getting in my car and instantly reaching for the sunglasses sitting at my dashboard. I played with them in my hands for a while before deciding to put them on, feeling warmer in my car only to applaud myself for not changing. I felt heavy, an anxious feeling rising in my chest as I reached for the keys and started the car with a heavy sigh.

The reflection of a yellow blur caught my attention in the rearview mirror. It was six thirty already, judging by the bus and the group of annoyed teenagers standing a house down from my own again. I quickly backed the car away from the driveway, facing the opposite direction from the bus and waiting patiently for her. 

My Daisy.

 The thought of her got my heart racing, a slight wave of relief rushing throughout my body. I smiled slightly, my fingertips tapping softly against the leather steering wheel before my passenger door flew open and as quickly as it opened, it closed.

"Go, go, go!" She giggled throwing two bags into the backseats. Her pale skin glowed and her cheeks offered a nice display of a slight blush.

"Ready for an adventure, doll?"