Nineteen

A week has passed since Ava and Harry confirmed their relationship. Over the course of teh week, they have found themselves caught up in the business of their every day lives. 

Work hours for Ava had been cut down since the rainstorm. At first, it was something that she had to quickly adjust to. She was a workaholic, something that she had to come to terms with. By cutting her hours in half, she went through a season of "relapse". She didn't experience headaches, nausea, or irritability- the usual withdrawal symptoms of an addiction. However, she dida feel an overwhelming sense of fatigue. It was a sudden shock that she had in fact run herself dry and her body was in desperate need to rest. 

So rest was what she did. 

For the past week she had only worked Monday through friday for 4 hours each day; 8AM to 12PM, leaving Ava with her afternoon and evening off. This gave her time to read, watch an unhealthy amount of relatiy telivision, and go to bed at a descent hour. It also gave her time to think endlessly about the new man in her life. 

She sat at her kitchen table with her freshly made salad in front. She was picking at each piece with a large beam on her face. She couldn't help but be completely distracted by the large boquet of peonies on her coffee table; a gift from the curly haired god. Ava let out a sigh as she oggled at the boquet in front of her. She couldn't believe that those were hers. 

They were a beautiful rose colour, complimenting perfeclty with her beige pillows and gold accents. He knows me too well. 

The note card fit perfectly in between her fingers. She kept reading over his words, You're pretty much my most favourite in the history of ever. -H x His words were ridiculous but brought the most butterflies to her stomach. His writting was messy. The way his y's almost went off the tiny note card showed the same amount of personality as he did. She was still awestruck by him and he wasn't making it easier by sending her flowers.  

Placing the card down, she turned to her laptop. Her screen had been open to a blank page. She was starting her first assignment. Since she had more time on her hands, Ava decided to take a few online courses at the local college. She was thankful that she didn't have to go to class physically, but was able to do work on it when she had the time. 

As she looked at her computer screen, attempting to write her paper for her communications class. It had only  been a few weeks since she started her classes, but she had definitely fallen back in love with school. There was something about writing a paper that brought Ava so much excitement. 

Her teachers were in complete awe with her work. Her English teacher has been trying to convice her to take consider an internship that upcoming summer at the New York TImes. Her teacher had a friend that was worked there who had read her paper and an edit that Ava had done. She was completely impressed with her work. It had always been a dream of Ava's to intern for either the Washington Post or the New York Times. It was completely surreal that she was already offered an internship at one of her top newspapers. It had been validation that this was something she wanted to do with her life. She wanted to write and edit. 

Ava found herself looking at the NY Times website. She was scrolling down the articles, completely fastinated by everythign she read. To work there would be a dream come true. 

She knew, however, that if she were to move down to New York that would mean leaving Vancouver. And by leaving Vancouver, she would be leaving the best thing that had happen to her in a while- Harry. 

Harry didn't know about her converastions with her teacher about New York. She didn't know how to tell him. Their realtionship was so new. She didn't want to change anything by telling him about the possibility of a summer internship. She would only be there for four months. Yet, she didn't know if she was ready to be in a long distance relationship. She knew that if she were to do this, she would have to end things. That in itself brought a level of anxiety that Ava did not need, or want, at the moment.