68. You Get A Detention - Luke

Part 3/4

...
Requested by:
@alibrooke28

15/16
...

100k reads 😱 wow! I never thought this book would ever get anywhere near this many reads. Thank you guys so much

I haven't made any where you really get in trouble yet, so here ya go.

I also have some of the upcoming chapters up there, I have requests up through 77!

Luke:
Everyone has bad days. Days when you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, or early-on something just spoils everything. Days when you're just not yourself, in a sour mood that infects people around you.

It was one of those days. A Tuesday to be more precise, as everyone knows Tuesday's are arguably the worst day of the week. On Mondays you still had leftover sleep from the weekend and you didn't feel the day as much. By Tuesday you were feeling how much you hated not only school as you were only beginning the week, but not sleeping enough throughout the week.

When you woke up everything was just wrong. You missed your alarm, all of your clothes were in the laundry (or at least the ones you wanted to wear) and Luke had eaten all of your favorite cereal the night before. You were tired, grumpy, and hungry even before you got to school.

"Why the long face?" Luke, to his credit, did try to cheer you up a little in the beginning. He smiled when you came down the stairs, even when you glared at him for being overly-cherry.

"I hate that expression," you grumbled, moving past him to get yourself ready for your doubtlessly awful day to come.

"Well well well, someone's not having a very positive morning," he raised his eyebrows as you pushed past him to shove your homework into your backpack. It was getting wrinkly and you didn't care.

"I'm not a very positive person," you spat back, aggressively zipping your bag shut.

"Okay okay, I'll leave you alone," evidently he got the message as he held his hands up in defense and backed out of the room.

"Thank God," you muttered as you pulled your laces far to tight on your shoes. Luke was really irritating you with his endless reserve of positivity. You weren't in a kind of mood that a dumb joke could cure. Only time, and maybe some junk food.

But you didn't have time or junk food as you had to run out the door and to the bus stop. You didn't realize until that point how much you hated the bus. You hated how loud it was, how you lurched forward at every red light and stop sign. You especially hated the other kids, they all talked too loud about absolutely nothing. You felt personally attacked by their loudness.

The day only got worse as you walked into your first hour and realized you forgot your homework. You would have to try and turn that in late, maybe not getting any credit at all.

Next hour you had a pop quiz that you were sure you failed. You were already kind of behind in that class and you just weren't at all prepared to be tested on the fly.

But third hour is when you really got fired up. Your missing homework, pop quiz, bus ride, and brothers happiness had managed to suck out all of your politeness for the day. Your aggression was ready to come out, unfiltered. When you walked into class you were just about ready to maim someone. Then you saw that your teacher wasn't even there, it was a sub.

Not just any sub, one that was really bad at their job. Y/S/T/N was notorious for telling long war stories, and messing up the pronunciation of students names. Great, just what you needed.