'...gooey brain..."

Vega

"Are you having fun?" I asked, my voice scratchy, he jumped a little before cursing and dropping a picture onto the ground, "d-didn't mean to scare you

"Are you having fun?" I asked, my voice scratchy, he jumped a little before cursing and dropping a picture onto the ground, "d-didn't mean to scare you."

He laughed before turning to look at me, taking a breath. He noticed, "hey," he said, not taking his eyes off of my face. "I've missed you so much," he said rushing toward and grabbing me up in his arms, and kissing my head, "god, Veg, you're so hot." He told me, referring to my body temperature."

"I know," I told him, his cold chest penetrating my thin shirt, "you feel so nice," I mumbled into his cold chest, it cold me down almost immediately, "I missed you too, by the way." I closed my eyes.

"You should lay down," he said picking me up gently and putting me on my bed, him next to me, "I like your room a lot, it's very lived in and homey, better than mine."

I shrugged, "you should re-decorate then," I told him, opening my eyes to look over at him, he was laying on the edge of my bed, feet away from me. "I can help if you'd like when I'm better."

He was quiet for a second, thinking, "well, I'd rather you decorate my new house." He told me as he turned onto his side, now facing me.

"Your new house?" I asked him, "you're moving out?"

"Yeah," he told me, proud, "after talking to my brothers I decided to buy a house, but, I want you to help me pick it out," he said not making eye contact with me, "I mean, you might be over their a lot, since we are friends and, and, I want you to be comfortable."

"Are you nervous?" I asked him I closed my eyes again, "you shouldn't be nervous."

"How are you feeling?" he asked me, not answering my question, but I guess that's okay.

"Honestly?"

"Honestly."

I opened my eyes before turning onto my sides like he was, the fire still raging on inside of me. "I can fill my bones growing inside of me, I can hear them too and my blood feels like it's on fire and I'm boiling." I told him, his face changing slightly, "can I lay on you?"

"Y-yeah," he said, I could hear the shock in his voice, before turning onto her back. I tried to move toward it but that only made it a lot worse, I cried out in pain before he reached and pulled me on top of him, "I got you."

"It's for medical reasons." I said to him as I laid my head on his chest, I closed my eyes in ecstasy as the fired was put out, but my feelings were stronger, "oh, gosh, this is heaven."

"What is?" he asked as he put a tentative hand on my back, "are you okay, Vega?"

I laughed at his question, "no, I'm the opposite of okay, but you're making it better. I guess their plan worked."

"What plan?" he asked, his stomach moving as he talked.

I looked at him, "my parents and Carlisle thought that if you were here with me, near me that the pain would go away, and the process would be sped up."