11. Good Show, Mr. Kowalski!

When the three of them apparated once more, Myra spun around and slapped Newt, "You idiot! When people want to help you, you don't just run away!"

Newt rubbed his cheek where the blonde had hit it, "I-"

"You didn't even think about how I- we'd feel, did you?" She continued, "And yet you brought Kowalski! Who does that?"

"He-"

"And back there!" Myra through her hand behind her, "Did it even occur to you that you were in danger? Contrary to popular belief no-maj guns can kill you! And don't even get me started on the lion!"

The witch fell silent, breathing heavily, "I would have helped you, you know."

"I- I'm sorry," her Echo said, a stunned look on his face.

"Let's just get whatever creature that we're here to get," Myra sighed.

"I- Okay."

They hurried through the frost covered park that they had apparated into, almost being run over by an ostrich when it tore past them. A loud rumble came from the direction that they were heading, causing the three of them to pause and Myra to look back at the bird fleeing for it's life. She slid her wand out from her coat and turned back to face her companions.

Newt was in the middle of tugging protective headgear out of his pocket and handing it to Jacob, "Put this on."

"Why- why would I have to wear something like this?" Jacob stuttered out staring at the leather in the wizard's hands.

"Because your skull is susceptible to breakage under immense force," Myra rolled her eyes when her Echo explained his reasoning so nonchalantly.

She patted a terrified Jacob's shoulder, "You'll be fine."

The two of them ran to catch up to the brunette who had run on ahead of them. The trio eventually reached a half-empty zoo, the outer walls of which had been demolished in places. They hid behind a large pile of rubble at the entrance as another bellowing roar echoed around the brick building.

Newt produced a body protector and started fastening the breastplate over Jacob, "Okay, if you just, uh, pop this on."

"Okay."

"Now," Newt placed his hands firmly on the muggle's shoulders, "there's absolutely nothing for you to worry about."

"Tell me-" Myra pitched in, "has anyone ever believed you when you told them not to worry?"

"My philosophy is that worrying means that you suffer twice," Newt replied, picking up his case.

"You didn't answers the question," Jacob called after him worriedly.

Myra just shook her head and steered the no-maj to the entrance of the zoo, standing him next to her Echo.

A loud snort came from within the zoo, "She's in season," Newt told them, "She needs to mate."

Myra stared at the creature, it was a large, rotund, rhino-like creature with a massive horn protruding from her forehead. She was at least five times the size of the terrified hippo whose enclosure she was nuzzling up against.

Her Echo took out a tiny vial of liquid and pulled out the stopped with his teeth, spitting it to the side before dabbing a spot of the liquid onto each of his wrists. The smell was so pungent the Myra rose her hand to cover her nose, a silent question ringing in the air.

"Erumpent musk-" he told them, "she is mad for it."

Myra nodded slowly, accepting the open bottle that he passed her before he headed into the zoo.