31: A Broken Trust

A hand gently trailed along my skin, moving from my jaws to my cheekbones.

I knew who it was, deciding to act like I was asleep just to chase him off.

"I know you're awake, babe." His raspy voice rang in my ears as his thumb caressed my lips.

Sighing, I peeked my eyes open and stared at the man in front of me.

"What do you want?" I grumbled, not in the mood to talk to him, much less breathe in the same air as him.

"I know you're angry, babe. I know you can never forgive me but please, give me a chance to clear the misunderstanding between us." He whispered, hope flickering across his eyes.

I raised a brow and heaved a huge sigh. "Does it matter anymore?"

He clasped onto my hands tightly, staring into my eyes solemnly. "It does, babe. You know that I love you more than anyone else. Why would I screw Mr. Anderson's PA when I already have you?" He explained.

"So what? You expect me to believe what you have just said when I saw it with my own eyes that you were swapping saliva with her?" I snapped gruffly.

"Don't you trust me?" He whispered softly, looking into my eyes with disappointment.

"Changing the subject doesn't help, Declan. You might as well admit how good she was in bed." I spat angrily, rage growing with every seconds.

"I have enough of your lies, Declan. I am never going to trust you again."

With that said, I stood up and attempted to make a move forward when pain took over.

I held onto my belly protectively, suddenly feeling afraid that something was going to happen to my baby.

He stared down at me frantically as concern was written all over his face. "What's going on, babe? What's happening to you?"

Those words were the last thing I heard from him before darkness took over.

++++

Beeping sounds surrounded me as I groaned, stirring from my sleep.

My back ached at the rough texture of the mattress, wishing that it was smooth instead.

Perhaps, my sleep would be prolonged.

I peeled my eyelids open, the first thing I saw was Declan resting his temple against the bed as he slept soundly.

I shifted to the side slightly, moving my hands to trace the features of his face.

I was so engrossed in tracing those lips of his when his hand abruptly caught mine.

I gasped, finding his eyes meet mine. He wrapped his arms around my waist and nestled his head in the crook of my neck.

"Have anyone told you how shameless you are just to make a woman return to your side?" I grumbled like a cranky woman.

"Not when that woman is carrying my baby. I will never let this woman go, no matter what happens."

"You're sick, you know that?" I spat in anger, covering my belly protectively.

"Keep in mind that I will never let this baby acknowledge you as the father."

He sighed. "Babe, I know I don't deserve your trust now. But, I want you to know that I will never stop loving you."

"You can say that when you are on your deathbed, Declan. For now, just get out of the ward otherwise, I will get myself discharged and move back home."

++++

Vote. Comment. Share

Enjoying this book? Add this book to your library and your reading list.

21st January 2017