48

( warning: shitty shitty shitty )

"what time do we have to wake up tomorrow?" dan's statement is punctuated by a tired yawn, as he grabs a pair of sweatpants from his suitcase and descends to the bathroom, where chris is brushing his teeth.

phil wasn't aware that dan has been told to share a room with chris, and honestly, he doesn't want him to know either. phil is already insecure regarding their friendship and he wouldn't want to push his mind into overdrive with all the doubt.

"eight," chris' words barely make any sense but dan nods along still, waiting for chris to finish spitting the paste into the sink so he can change. dan leans against the bathtub as he watches chris, his lean figure clad in a loose red sweatshirt and dan's pajama bottoms. dan rolls his eyes when he realises that chris borrowed his clothes without asking.

chris ruffles dan's hair fondly when he exists, and dan just scrunches his nose in response, pushing him out and shutting the door. it is several yawns and ten minutes later, when he is slumping down tiredly on the bed, his body sinking into the soft mattress, and he removes one of the pillows from under his head to place it between him and chris, causing chris to raise a questioning eyebrow at the action.

"what's that?" chris northern accent is much more prominent now, his words slightly slurred and his tone laced with sleep, and dan giggles quietly at his tired expression.

"it's a pillow," he shrugs, sinking further into the warm duvet and turning on his side so he's facing chris.

"how exciting," chris rolls his eyes, soft indents forming in both his cheeks as he smiles, reciprocating the action and turning to face dan, a sigh leaving his lips.

"is that pillow here because you don't trust me or because you don't trust yourself around me?" chris' eyebrows are raised in question and his jade eyes genuinely demand an answer, and dan reaches under the duvet to punch him playfully in the stomach to break the intensity of the question.

"shut up," dan groans. "it just makes me feel like i'm morally correct if that makes any sense,"

"does phil have a problem with this?" chris furrows his eyebrows and dan just flushes uncomfortably, weighing the pros and cons of telling chris the reality of the situation.

he tells almost everything to chris, even whatever that happens with phil or adrian because it gives him some sort of an exit to vent out whatever that is inside his mind. but somehow he feels uncomfortable telling chris about what phil thought of their friendship.

it may draw chris away from him, and although dan would hate to admit it, chris was always there for dan even when phil wasn't. he was the only one who talked sense into him or forced him to have lunch, the only one who dragged him out when he was overworking himself and the only one who cared enough to handle him when he was at his worst.

dan feels selfish, by not giving chris any warnings against phil or telling him what phil thought, but dan was paranoid, and he didn't want to lose chris of all the people for this stupid, stupid reason.

"i don't think so," dan shrugs after a while, grabbing his phone and scrolling through his notifications so he can avoid the topic, deciding to type a quick text to phil to wish him a good night.

dannylester: good night darling :) text me when you wake up i love you

"shut your phone, you should sleep," chris makes a move to grab dan's phone, and dan is too unprepared for the action which causes him to jump slightly as chris takes the phone out of his grasp and buries it under his pillow.

"chris! you're such a kid, give me my phone," dan demands, a yawn breaking his sentence and chris just shuts his eyes and waves his hand dismissively as if to tell him to sleep.

dan decides to oblige, rolling his eyes and sticking his tongue out childishly at chris before leaning over and switching off the lamp, taking a deep breath and drawing the covers further up his chest.

"night dan," chris giggles at dan's annoyed expression, and nudges him softly to make the crease on his forehead disappear. it annoyed dan further, but he still laughs, flipping chris off and turning to face the other side.

"good night asshole,"

--
i met -sailingships today & she paid for all the food can u believe this girl