Chapter xix

When I had gotten back home, I held Rini in my arms. There she had been. Sleeping so quiet and peacefully. It was almost amazing how peaceful she slept. Seeing as what had just happened had her crying, I was glad she was able to find some peace.

Gently shaking my daughter, she woke up and looked at me sleepily. I smiled at her sadly and she kissed my cheek. Looking around, her lip started to quiver.

"Where's daddy?" She asked. She must've been asking for Sean.

"Sean's gonna be back soon, don't worry Pumpkin." "In the mean time, go get dressed to see grandpa." I said and she nodded. Slowly, but surely, she walked off to her room and went in to go get dressed.  

I soon followed her in with a smile and she grabbed a red dress. It was a red plaid dress, and I picked out a nice big red bow. As well as a pair of Mary Jane's. The time was four fifty-six. We'd spent a pretty long time at the hospital, as well as sitting through the traffic. So we had to hurry up with getting Rini ready.

When she was done getting ready, Sean came in with a plaid red shirt and a pair of blue denim jeans. I was now dressed in a black maxi dress with a black jacket. Sean looked at me with a smile.

"I can't wait to meet your father," he said smiling. I laughed,

"Ha, You're funny." I said giggling.

"I'm serious." He said. I laughed.

"You haven't met my father." I said.

"I deal with a psycho family from London, I think I can handle your father." I chuckled as he said that.

"You haven't met my father." I said, and he gulped.

About an hour later we had all gotten to my fathers house. He smiled over at Rini and I smiled at him. His new mistress, Marianne had been there. She was giving Rini toys and candy, and Rini seemed to enjoy that. After all, she was just a child.

I smiled at Marianne, and she smiled back. Soon my father noticed Sean and stood up. Sean gulped once more, and I sighed.

"Daddy this is Sean, he's from London." I said and he nodded.

"Sean this is my dad." I smiled, Sean just grinned.

"It's nice to meet you Mr. Rivendale, it's a privilege to meet you." Sean said and my father nodded.

"No one likes a suck up son." He said, and my eyes widened. My dad soon turned to me.

"I'm sorry about your mother sweetheart." He said and I sighed.

"It'll be okay,

Sooner than ever, Rini started to cry. "I want to hear the bells!" She said and I nodded.

Sean soon grabbed his iPhone and started to play the carol of the bells and Rini started to calm down as she heard the bells. Marianne, who had now started to sing the song, sounded like she was in the opera and Rini smiled in amazement.

I watched as she hit every note perfectly, and I smiled with a little joy. I guess this Christmas was going to be so bad after all.