Chapter 7

Hear we go!!
___________________________

Mrs. Hughes Pov.

I got up out of my chair and walked out into the hallway. I walked into the servant's hall to see everyone chatting. I moved to the stand behind Mr. Carson's chair, and looked over the papers. But when I heard Lilly and Mr. Barrow's names mentioned, I intervened.

"What's this about Lilly and Mr. Barrow?" Everyone stopped their conversations and turned to me.
"Lilly asked Thomas if she could have a word with him outside." said Mrs. O'Brien.

"And is that any of your business,
to what they're talking about?" They all looked down at the table, Mrs. O'Brien, the only one looking at me. I raised a brow at her. She went back to her sewing.

The hall boys and kitchen maids got up and left the hall, I left also and went to the back door. I opened the door and peeked out, Thomas turned from Lilly and laughed, she smiled as she grabbed his chin gently to face her.

"For me? I know it will take time for you to open up to everyone, and I know it won't happen right away.  But in time can you at least try, for me?"

He looked at her for a moment then nodded his head, she smiled then got on her tiptoes and kissed him.

Thomas cupped her cheek and put his other hand on her waist, as she put hers on his chest. They pulled away as Thomas rested his forehead against hers.

"I love you." He whispered, but I was able to make it out. "I love you too, Thomas." I smiled at the two. Just then I heard the dressing gong.

She smiled back at Thomas again.
"Come on, best get inside before, Mr.
Carson has our heads." She pecked his lips then walked back towards the door, hand in hand with him.

I quickly walked back to my office, luckily it was right by the back door. They walked past my door and walked into the foyer just as Anna walked out of the hall.

"Lilly, do you want to go upstairs to get ready?" Anna asks her. "I'll be up in a moment." She smiled as she walked up the stairs.

Lilly started to walk away, but Thomas was still holding her hand and pulled her back to him. He smiled down at her, she leaned up and kissed the corner of his mouth then walked up to follow Anna.

Thomas watched her go up the stairs, his cheeks tinted pink with a smile on his face. I smiled at him as he walked into the servant's hall.

A second later I heard laughter, so I made my way there as well. I walked in to see William and Tom teasing Thomas.

"And what is so amusing to everyone?" William was still laughing. "He's blushin, I never would have thought that I would ever see Thomas blush." Tom laughed along with William, Mr. Bates sat there with a slight smile.

Mr. Barrow picked up his gloves and walked to the kitchen. I looked to William, still laughing.
"I think you all have better things to do besides making fun of Mr. Barrow"

They went quiet. "Is this a bed and breakfast?" They shook their heads. "Then stop giggling like school girls and get to work. Now!" William quickly left the room and went towards the kitchen.

Mr. Bates got up and went upstairs. I raised a brow at Tom as I left the hall.

Lilly's pov.

I looked myself over in the mirror. "Thank you, Anna." I turned to her, she was still worried about, Gwen. I grabbed her hands.

"I promise, Gwen will show up soon enough." She gave me a small smile as she walked out. I walked to my vanity and grabbed my gloves then walked out of my room.