35

Cliche

Cliche

The Next Day

"You're looking pale, Ricky. Looks like we need to go on another trip to the islands," Natalie teased as she walked over to the car.

"Shut up, Nat," Rick teased, chuckling weakly.

He was still recovering from the blood transfusions.

"Do you think we're gonna find her today?" Natalie whispered to Rick.

"Sophia's out there. She has to be," Rick whispered back.

Natalie smiled gently.

She wasn't so sure Sophia was out there. It had been days. A little girl like that can't survive on her own for this long.

Daryl, Andrea, and Shane all walked over to the car where Rick and Natalie were standing.

Herschel followed shortly after.

"How long's this girl been lost?" Herschel asked, leaning against the car.

"This'll be day three," Rick sighed.

"I have the map that Maggie was talking about," Lori said as she walked up.

"You want a trophy?" Natalie snapped.

Lori just placed it on the hood of the car and walked away quickly, not wanting to argue with Natalie.

"This is perfect," Shane sighed.

"We can finally get this thing organized," Rick agreed.

"We'll grid the whole area. Start searching in teams," Rick suggested.

"Not you. Not today," Herschel ordered Rick.

Rick opened his mouth to argue.

"You gave three units of blood. You wouldn't be hiking five minutes in this heat before passing out," Herschel said, not allowing Rick to speak.

"And you--" Herschel continued, turning to Shane.

"Your ankle-- push it now, you'll be laid up a month, no good to anybody," Herschel ordered.

"I'll go," Natalie chimed in.

"No," Shane said quickly.

"Why the hell not?" Natalie asked harshly.

"No, Natalie," Shane said.