Confusion (Medic X Reader X Germany)

A short drabble I did cuz I was bored. Jealous!Scout X Reader is coming up next y'all! Don't forget to vote and comment loves! :*

I'm so happy the comics finally gave us Medic's real name y'allll!!! XD

At the moment, you were in a quaint little cottage on the countryside of Bavaria, where you decided to spend your vacation for the week. It was peaceful there; the leaves sang, the pines stood strong against the cold rolling down from the white peaked mountains. It was all just glorious and you closed your eyes as you relished and drank your cup of hot chocolate.

Until your eyes shot open with the disturbing realization that your beverage didn't have enough sugar.

"Ludwig!" you called loudly.

From where you stood in the balcony, you heard the loud shuffling of feet rippling into what sounded like a stampede on the the sturdy wooden floors.

"Ja, Fraulein?"

Turning around, you stifled a laugh upon discovering your mistake: You've confused your two companions again!

"I'm so sorry guys!" you couldn't help chortling, setting the cup on a marble table nearby. "I keep forgetting that I'm with two Ludwigs."

It was true: currently, you were sharing the cottage with your closest friend and colleague, with named Ludwig: One was a medic for a supposed demolition team you two work in while the other was no other than the immortal personification of the country Germany. If there was one thing they had in common, it would be their German heritage, as well as their striking blue eyes and handsome faces.

The blonde of the two stepped up and took a huge stride with his heavy combat boots. His golden hair was pressed back and the dangerous glint in his sharp blue eyes complimented his stern and chiseled face. Everything about him just screamed Aryan, and there was a shy, rustic charm about his person that you enjoyed very much.

"It's not zhe first time Fraulein," he answered gruffly in his thick Northern accent, "now vhat did you need?"

"Step aside Beildschmidt," the taller, ebony haired other snapped, "she called for me."

"Well..." you began, eyeing the two of them as they glared daggers at each other, "I just really needed some sugar."

"I'll get zhe Zucker," the blonde said with a huff, "besides I think I'll make myself a cup of coffee."

You watched Ludwig #1 as he swiftly turned a heel and walked, no marched, consistently back downstairs where the kitchen was. You've never seen him smile and for a moment you wondered if he really was just a grumpy personification who'd carry the weight of immortality and immense responsibility day by day on his shoulders. It probably haunted him, and you felt sorry for the guy; popular and renowned as he was as Germany's best commander.

But if anything, you did feel rather happy that he trusted you enough to disclose his true identity; that you were someone he can run to when everything maddened him. Your mind still wandered around the blond when a familiar bright red tie pulled you out of your trance.

"He's taking too long," the medic said, "I don't know vhy you brought him along vith us. Do you fancy him Frau?"

"Me?" you nearly gasped, blushing from the accusation, "Well I do find him dashing and handsome, but he's my best friend: That's why I brought him here."

"Vhatever it is, I'll go see vhat he's up to," the man spat childishly, his tone turning sour as he crossed his arms and walked briskly towards the stairs. "I think I need ein bottle of beer."

"Alright," you uttered. After watching the doctor go far enough to be out of sight, you blushed uncontrollably from his previous act of annoyance and envy. Was he jealous? The mere thought sent your heart beating into a frenzy!

"Well," you thought mischievously, "they both are very handsome men; not to mention charming and attractive in their own special ways."

***

Staring intently at the swirling froth on top of his hot black coffee, Germany gave an impatient sigh upon hearing another heavy set of footsteps aside from his own approaching the small kitchen. He knew that it couldn't possibly be you, and unfortunately for him, a taller shadow darkened the view and killed the light swimming in his beverage.

"Hallo zhere," Medic began politely, "(Y/N) vas vondering vhere zhe sugar vas."

"Ah," Germany droned off, snapping out of his blank state, "it's here vith me. I'll just bring it to her."

"Nein," the doctor said through gritted teeth and he made no effort in hiding his displeasure, "I'll bring it to her. You take too long and she's getting impatient."

The country raised a suspecting brow and reluctantly handed the other a small glass jar of sugar: "Really? It seems as if you're zhe one who has issues here doctor. I don't like your tone- vhat is your problem?"

Each syllable hardened as Ludwig Beildschmidt spoke, and it was Medic's turn to retort, "My problem is you- simple as zhat," Medic said, "and I could be here alone vith (Y/N), but she just had to tag you along; oh vell, such is zhe nature of being friends."

"I see how it is," Germany spat, "you vant her all to yourself, zhat's all zhere is to it isn't it, doctor?"

"And vhat if I do?" Medic countered, "Vhat if I do vant her all to myself? Vhat if I vant her to love me back? Vhat if I vant to go steady vith her? You're going to stop me Herr Beildschmidt?"

For once in almost forever, Germany was almost unsure: His adversary made an acceptable point and though it sounded like nails on a chalkboard, he couldn't deny the fact that he had every right of saying it as well as that it just so happens to be his heart talking; and Germany knew that he has no hold of other people's emotions.

"Maybe I vant to hold her and kiss her as she falls asleep on our bed," Medic continued, painting pictures in the other's troubled head, "zhen after zhat, ve vill get married, haff kids, and live a normal life. She couldn't haff any of zhat vith you- and you know it Herr Beildschmidt."

Germany turned back to glare daggers and exploded with a red face, "And you could?!" he countered fiercely. "Vhat vould you know about a normal life? You're anything but normal doctor, and you're a vorkaholic- you'd be able to age vith her but you vould'nt be able to give her zhe satisfaction of being a good husband."

"I vill change for her," was all that Medic said and suddenly it grew very quiet. Gripping the top of the glass jar, the doctor turned a heel and sauntered victoriously back up the steady wooden steps. He knew he had won, and to seal the deal, he gave one last blow to the blond standing ten feet away from him.

"But you can't Herr Beildschmidt."

And he was gone.

Deep down in his heart of hearts, Germany realized that his opponent had won. No war, no depression, no crisis in his history could ever compare to that moment when he has lost you forever.

Hey guys, this was pretty short and Medic was an asses but aren't we all? Anyhow, thanks for all the reads and don't forget to vote! Love y'all! :*

~