Remember, They Never Knew

Josh: "SIMON WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!"

I looked over at the boy across the table from me. We all knew about the hate, we all knew about the abuse, and It never ceased to hurt. People would abuse and ridicule me for the dumbest Eason, and even for not uploading but they don't understand. I felt JJ's hand on mine under the table as he tried to keep me calm. He knew that every time someone would raise their voice, it would just remind me of my family. Blaming me for my father's death. Telling me I never loved him, That I was too busy building a "Useless" career from fucking video games. Even though I managed to be able to move out of home, Live with my best friends, We wrote a fucking book for Christ sake and yet it was never enough to satisfy them. I even stopped giving them payments because I was so worried that they wouldn't be able to survive on their own. And now with dad gone, Mum was the only one that worked. Even my brother was struggling to find work.

Vik: "Simon this has been going on for over a month now. Between everyone hanging shit on you for not uploading. And then again on all of us because apparently we aren't there for you enough. Otherwise you would be better now right?"

Simon: "Vik please."

Vik: "OVER A MONTH SIMON, YOU CAN'T KEEP PRETENDING THAT NOTHING IS HAPPENING!"

Simon: "Just leave me alone."

JJ: "Guys come on."

Josh: "JJ you fucking know something. Don't keep us in the dark. We need to know if something is going on. We have already started to get shit ourselves. Even Harry has asked what the fuck is going on. And I know Tobi isn't real happy either. And it's extremely difficult for him to even get angry."

I felt JJ's hand getting tighter with mine. It made me feel like shit. I didn't want people to know about my dad. I knew they would treat me like dirt. Tell me I'm fucking bullshit and that I probably deserved it. And yet now, I'm copping it from friends and I don't know how to feel. I just feel...

Simon: "Numb."

Josh: "After everything, That's what you have to say are you fucking kidding me?"

Vik: "Simon it's a simple fucking question."

JJ: "Guys stop."

Vik: "Fuck this I'm going to my room. If you're going to wallow in self pity and act like a fucking lost puppy, then go ahead. I'm fucking sick of it Simon."

Josh: "While living away from home we are supposed to be a family. We are best friends and we look out for each other. But fuck me Simon this is ridiculous. The last thing we need, is a fucking depressed and complacent little shit of a friend, who can't even seem to open up to us. And we live together. Grow the fuck up and get over it. I hope someone's fucking died otherwise you have no reason to be acting like this."

I watched the two boys stand up and leave the table. The first time in over a week that we have all actively tried to sit together as friends for dinner. And it sucks now that they are going to treat me like dirt.

JJ: "Hey..."

Simon: "JJ I just feel... numb. I'm so scared. And I'm so upset but I don't have any tears left. I've cried for days, And yet it feels like it never ends. I'm so scared JJ."

JJ: "I know baby. But you said you didn't want anyone to know. So I'm not going to say anything."

Simon: "How did you even know?"

JJ: "Your brother called my parents. Knowing they were all friends, even when your mother was a bitch. Look Simon, Baby you know I love you more than anything on this planet. And I promise I Won't ever leave your side ok?"